• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to get in to competitive shooting

I’m looking to get into competitive shooting but I have no idea where to get started. I’m very interested in rifle shooting but I am also interested in other disciplines as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Rifle competitions are just as varied as pistol. From High Power to the Precision Rifle Series, even a .22LR variant of the PRS matches. Pistol from Bullseye to IDPA and USPSA, then Steel Challenge to even some bowling pin shoots. Add a shotgun and now you have 3 gun as an option.
Questions can be answered on where to start, if you have an idea on what you want to shoot.

It’s more a marksmanship training than a competition but Appleseed shoots are great way to improve rifle marksmanship. You are competing with yourself. A number of shoots next month. Fun outings. Google project Appleseed.

Where are you located? What caliber rifle interests you? If vintage iron is of interest, try a CMP M1 Garand match. Some of the clubs have club rifles that are very good shooters, so you can learn with decent equipment.

There's been a a few of these post....I might have to run a karma for Pembroke OCSA cmp M1 match.

Back
Top Bottom