• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looking to join another club

I am currently a member of the Ashland Fish and Game, it's a good club with a 50ft indoor pistol range. Its close to my house, and I have known most of the members since I was a Kid.

I want to join a club with an outdoor range. I was thinking Southboro Rod and Gun, Hopkinton Sportsmen Association and Woodville Rod and Gun.

All three are less than 10 minutes from my house which is good.

My decision will be based on -
How many yards are the outdoor ranges?
How expensive are the dues?
What the membership requirements are like(NRA/GOAL memberships/work hours, ect...)
And the overall atmosphere of the club and the members.

I plan on visiting each one to decide for myself but would appreciate any information or suggestions.

Thanks
Tim

Edit: If anyone is interested in seeing the Ashland Fish and Game, or would like to become a member let me know.

Southborough R&G Club

Hey Tim,

Glad you're thinking about our club!

Club website is www.srgclub.com

your specific questions (more or less):

Outdoor range 100 yd.
after the first year, $90
First year, $290, but you get $100 back after a couple of work parties, and 3 monthly meetings. After the first year, it's not required, but all help is appreicated (last work party that I know of was very heavy work: stuffing envelopes! [smile]

All Mass shooters should belong to both NRA and GOAL. That being said, I'm not sure if it's a requirement...don't think so.

Very friendly club, lots of appropriate social stuff (if you have kids, lots of junior stuff). See the link on the site for the events calendar.

We're open Thursdays 6-9 and Sunday 1-4 for Trap and Skeet, so come on out and take a peek. Even in you're not a moving-target shooter, there'll be folks to talk to, and show you around.

If you come out on Thursday Night, ask for me.

More info, PM me back.

So, I got a few pm's and seems like the Southboro Rod and Gun will be the best for me. Also the closest to my house. Thanks for your help guys.
I do plan on joining the NRA and GOAL but don't have the $ for it right now.

If you want to check out Southboro let me know. Myself and roommates are members and take advantage of almost all aspects of the club multiple times a week.

So, I got a few pm's and seems like the Southboro Rod and Gun will be the best for me. Also the closest to my house. Thanks for your help guys.
I do plan on joining the NRA and GOAL but don't have the $ for it right now.

If you want to check out Southboro let me know. Myself and roommates are members and take advantage of almost all aspects of the club multiple times a week.

Thanks I think I am going on thursday to check it out, are you gonna be there? Also were you guys still interested in joining Ashland fish and Game? There is a meeting coming up. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom