Loser campus cop checks me for having an empty holster on college campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a carry card?

Is this some obscure thing in MA no one bothers to get? Or is he talking about a Class A?

1) What is a FID and carry card?

2) You're stupid for not having a case in the car to lock it since this sounds like a routine thing.

3) The security guy was probably happy to see a fellow gun enthusiast carrying and wanted to talk about guns but found out it was just some pansy wearing an empty holster.

Having a Empty holster is like having a professional pants stuffer it looks like you have something in there but all it does is disappoint the people that want to see it. i agree you should have a lockbox in the truck that's easier than driving home constantly.

Doesn't matter. Open carry is not illegal in MA. If you think it is, show me the law.

The only problem you could have is if the person that sees you printing lies and says you threaten him/her with a gun.

You can say it is a lie, but then how does the person know you have a gun if its concealed and you didn't show it or verbally threatened the person with the use of a gun? ... you are screwed.

Wear Google glasses and livestream your entire life to YouTube, continuously. Then point the fuzz to your channel for proof that you did no such thing

wait, WPI is a private school. why would their campus police have guns?

as other people have said, real cop?

i was under the impression that private schools = security guards and public colleges = real cops

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here, figured id share an interesting incident that happened to me recently.

I work for a towing company in Worcester. I spend all day towing jalopies in the meanest streets there are, ive been threatened multiple times. A few years ago i got my FID and carry card and now i keep my XD40 on me daily.

Last night i get a call to come tow some drunk college chicks car on WPI campus grounds. I hate taking these calls because i have to bring my gun home and lock it up in the safe in order to comply. So i go home, unholster the gun, unload it, and lock it in the safe. I leave my holster on because i was gonna come back for it later. So i do all that and drive back to the call.

Im 3/4 way done with chaining down this chicks mazda, when this WPI cop strolls up, this dude looks like a total JBT thug, black uniform, black vest, long ass hair tied in a bun, icey black lifeless eyes, he smells like a weird-ass combo of gym bag, cigarettes and potpourri, and has rubber bands all over the grip of his pistol, i can only assume for hplster retention purposes.

He proceeds to give me a hard time over an empty holster! When he walks up he says "hey borther, your blaster is printing pretty bad under your shirt." I showed him that it was an empty holster and he gives me this really sad disappointed look like he's upset that he cant arrest me for carrying on school property, and goes back to his car.

Eat shit JBT thug.

Well OP. MAYBE he was trying to give you a friendly explanation of the updated consequences of carrying on a Campus with the bullshit Mass laws. Sure... you didn't have a gun in holster this time....but even printing, all he had to do was demand your LTC and then your dumb ass probably would have thought you could carry there and played show and tell. Then got cuffed and cried.

Reactions: AHM
Unholster and unload the gun before putting it in the safe? Wear empty holster out about town? Sounds wack on both counts.

Take holster and gun off hip, put in safe. Gun stays loaded and ready for the next time you need it. Don’t get harassed for being a dweeb with a holster and no firearm.

Why risk a ND every time you load/unload?

It seems they are sworn peace officers... by all accounts it seems the guy did you a solid and didn’t jerk you around more.

WPI police officers have arrest authority (under Chapter 22C of the Massachusetts General Laws) and are charged with the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws, as well as the enforcement of the college's policies and regulations (on WPI's property). They received their Police Academy training from the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council or the Massachusetts State Police.”

You are lucky the cop did not have your car towed, obtained a search warrant, tossed it and left you to pay the tow bill.

Yes, we all know "not on ones person" is legal on a college campus with an LTC, but the police (deliberately?) don't get trained on that nuance. The judges don't either unless defense counsel tells them to read 269-10j in full and then cites precedent establishing that differences in wording, particularly between different sections of the same law, are to be construed as having meaning. Usually such a charge is dropped after one gets an unexpungable record and pays for counsel, then the scavenger hunt for something else starts (like a safe storage violation).

I have read one search warrant (the warrant was granted) of a car impounded because a campus cop saw an empty piece of brass, and stated it was evidence of a gun in the car that would be illegal even though the driver was known to have a valid LTC. The charge was dropped after defense counsel pointed out the law, the LTC returned, and taken away when the charges were refiled as storage since then gun was in the center console and not in the trunk or securely locked case. Driver pled out to a 2 year CWOF.

Last edited:

i was under the impression that private schools = security guards and public colleges = real cops
Its a Massachusetts thing. Campus police (as well as railroad police) are generally sworn officers with all the power and immunity that implies - even at private colleges.

The upside is that as real police they can't use things like "internal search warrant issued by the school" and have to (supposedly) follow the law.

You are lucky he didn't have your truck searched.

I'd say an empty holster is probable cause that a weapon is present and worth looking into.

You are lucky he didn't have your truck searched.

I'd say an empty holster is probable cause that a weapon is present and worth looking into.
That would be a search for a legally stored and possessed gun if it was unloaded and the trunk locked.

The school ban is specific to guns carried on ones person - thought that is commonly ignored in the field.

Private campus security guys carry real guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom