Loser campus cop checks me for having an empty holster on college campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unholster and unload the gun before putting it in the safe? Wear empty holster out about town? Sounds wack on both counts.

Take holster and gun off hip, put in safe. Gun stays loaded and ready for the next time you need it. Don’t get harassed for being a dweeb with a holster and no firearm.

Why risk a ND every time you load/unload?
Drive all the way home, go to the job, then drive all the way back home ... imagine if he gets called for another campus job after driving home to grab his gun. LMAO.

Reactions: AHM
OP I'm with you. Probably just some nit wit cop who wants to show you what's up. Do yourself a favor in the future and stay away from any faggy universities. Their full of nothing but moonbat shitheads and wannabe man bun cops. There was one at UMass lowell like that in the 90's who walked around like king shit. Guy was like 120 soaking wet. One punch from someone solid would snapped his pencil neck. Too bad you have to work in Worcester. Another commichusetts dump.

WPI police officers have POWERS OF ARREST (under Chapter 22C of the Massachusetts General Laws) and are charged with the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws, as well as the enforcement of the college's policies and regulations (on WPI's property). They received their Police Academy training from the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council or the Massachusetts State Police.”
FIFY.

I'm referencing this W/POWER OF ARREST ONLY! Posts....

If he had a gun, he was probably a real cop. Campuses do have real cops.

Bridge Water State U has its police department, real cops.

'Campus' cops are exactly that-they have a necessary/dangerous job to do and are authorized to take action but almost always the power of arrest is strictly limited to on or immediately adjacent to college or university property.

The title- Police Officer - should only be assigned to those sworn members of agencies which are responsible for law enforcement in states-cities or towns and villages.

Regarding Amtrak Police-they were and I believe still are authorized to enforce chapter 90 regarding vehicle operation near/over rail road crossings, some jurisdictions restricted this activity by limiting action taken to enforcement of violations by commercial vehicles and those carrying passengers for hire. You may see the a railroad agency with radar set up-it should be for enforcement of train speed limits.
Then again things might have changed, but I don't believe that Amtrak has reached full Federal status-yet.

Can we believe anyone who says they carry a 40
the possibility of having to deal with a .40 guy probably caused the campus cop to back it on down. He realized on a deep, subconscious level he was outgunned and outclassed. When faced with the prospect of staring down the barrel of a .40, he blinked. He's only human, after all.

Regarding Amtrak Police-they were and I believe still are authorized to enforce chapter 90 regarding vehicle operation near/over rail road crossings, some jurisdictions restricted this activity by limiting action taken to enforcement of violations by commercial vehicles and those carrying passengers for hire. You may see the a railroad agency with radar set up-it should be for enforcement of train speed limits.
Then again things might have changed, but I don't believe that Amtrak has reached full Federal status-yet.
Yes, but the RR is not generally happy with this because their officer must show up in court, on company paid time, if the ticketee appeals.

I know one retire RR cop who has a commission as a police officer in RI. I say "has" because the "license to act as a police officer" he was issued some time around 1967 and carries to this day has no expiration date on it.

Carrying around a holster without a gun in it always seemed gay to me but whatever to each his own on that. As far as the Campus Police, I’m 50/50 on it, the guy is doing his job but on the other hand they called you I assume? To go to their parking lot to tow, it’s not like you were going to apply for classes or go to a keg party so the wannabe cop is kinda being a step above a mall cop busting your balls.

He proceeds to give me a hard time over an empty holster! When he walks up he says "hey borther, your blaster is printing pretty bad under your shirt." I showed him that it was an empty holster and he gives me this really sad disappointed look like he's upset that
Maybe he is upset that you weren’t actually carrying and he thought you were a cool dude and he wanted to shoot the shit with you about four-tay. Nah.

Some colleges have real cops... at mine they had all the authority/capabilities of the city

If he had a gun, he was probably a real cop. Campuses do have real cops.

Bridge Water State U has its police department, real cops.
A GUN is not an indicator either way. I have seen sworn in LEOs on College campuses as well as Hospitals with no arms...lol. And the man bun ....these days that might get you OTJ faster.

A GUN is not an indicator either way. I have seen sworn in LEOs on College campuses as well as Hospitals with no arms...lol. And the man bun ....these days that might get you OTJ faster.
But, as sworn officers, they could have had a gun, right?

Yes, but the RR is not generally happy with this because their officer must show up in court, on company paid time, if the ticketee appeals.

I know one retire RR cop who has a commission as a police officer in RI. I say "has" because the "license to act as a police officer" he was issued some time around 1967 and carries to this day has no expiration date on it.

An interesting lot for sure.

But, as sworn officers, they could have had a gun, right?
Yes. If they are sworn in but carrying is not a must for some College campuses. I worked at Bev Hospital which sent us to NERPI which is the Reserve Academy so we could be sworn in as "Specials" ..we carried OC...cuffs...baton and had to obviously be certified with those but NO gun. Some Depts require you to carry if your wearing any item of clothing of that Dept ..i agree with that....your a mark.

Yes. If they are sworn in but carrying is not a must for some College campuses. I worked at Bev Hospital which sent us to NERPI which is the Reserve Academy so we could be sworn in as "Specials" ..we carried OC...cuffs...baton and had to obviously be certified with those but NO gun. Some Depts require you to carry if your wearing any item of clothing of that Dept ..i agree with that....your a mark.
Ok. So what I said that if the guy had a gun he was most likely a real cop stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom