• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loser campus cop checks me for having an empty holster on college campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ll be using the term “carry card” from here on out... “license to carry” makes that little plastic card printed on the old drivers license machines sound legitimate.

Got ya carry card their bub?

Yes he was 100% a real cop. WPI police are same as Worcester police.
Except from what I’m told they get it stuffed in their ass every shift since they don’t get any retirement benefits as regular cops or even the WPI school personnel.

One of my favorites is when someone says they CCW'd.
Personally, I'm more triggered when they say they righty-tightied.

...black lifeless eyes...
...like a doll's eyes?
20150316131907012_hd.jpg

all he had to do was demand your LTC
Ch.140 §129C: ...; exhibiting license to carry, etc. on demand

Any person who, while not being within the limits of his own property or residence, ..., and who is not exempt under this section, shall on demand of a police officer or other law enforcement officer, exhibit his license to carry firearms, or his firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card, or, ..., exhibit a valid hunting license issued to him which shall bear the number officially inscribed of such license to carry or card if any. Upon failure to do so such person may be required to surrender to such officer said firearm, rifle or shotgun which shall be taken into custody as under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D, except that such firearm, rifle or shotgun shall be returned forthwith upon presentation within thirty days of said license to carry firearms, firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card or hunting license as hereinbefore described.​

OP wasn't packing heat.
So all the Campus Cop would have been entitled to do was confiscate the null set of guns.

You are lucky the cop did not have your car metatowed,
FTFY. OP was driving a tow-truck.

If he was really slick, OP would have gotten a coworker from the same tow company
to hightail it to the scene. "I'm here to tow away the criminal's car". "Uh, OK".
Hook him up, drive it a block away, and then drop it back off the hook.

I have read one search warrant (the warrant was granted) of a car impounded because a campus cop saw an empty piece of brass, and stated it was evidence of a gun in the car that would be illegal even though the driver was known to have a valid LTC. The charge was dropped after defense counsel pointed out the law, the LTC returned, and taken away when the charges were refiled as storage since then gun was in the center console and not in the trunk or securely locked case. Driver pled out to a 2 year CWOF.
Precisely what stupid prize was the driver expecting when he played a stupid game?

Drive all the way home, go to the job, then drive all the way back home ... imagine if he gets called for another campus job after driving home to grab his gun. LMAO.
That's OP's story and he's sticking to it.
Who wouldn't?

This kind of carry card?

View attachment 459123
Could be worse.
pope-card-72dpi.jpg

Some Depts require you to carry if your wearing any item of clothing of that Dept ..i agree with that....your a mark.
Holding out for a clear photo of FPP MSP Leigha Genduso wearing a sidearm while in uniform.

So all the Campus Cop would have been entitled to do was confiscate the null set of guns.
I, theory, yes. In practice, this is how it could go:

1. The cop would be entitled to ask for a consent search

2. If denied, the cop would be entitled to impound the car at your expense while seeking a warrant based "on his/her experience indicating the presence of a holster indicates the liklihood of a gun in the car that is unlawful on a college campus". (that's the kind of wording you see in warrant applications)

- If the judged ignored the law and issued the warrant, the search would proceed and charges filed. Oh, they pesky warrant thing - I have known of a district court judge in such a case telling defense counsel "I don't want to hear any argument about the warrant".

- If the judge followed the law and denied the warrant two things would be certain: (a) You would pay the tow fee and (b) the cop would not be disciplined.

20150316131907012_hd.jpg

Any person who, while not being within the limits of his own property or residence, ..., and who is not exempt under this section, shall on demand of a police officer or other law enforcement officer, exhibit his license to carry firearms, or his firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card, or, ..., exhibit a valid hunting license issued to him which shall bear the number officially inscribed of such license to carry or card if any. Upon failure to do so such person may be required to surrender to such officer said firearm, rifle or shotgun which shall be taken into custody as under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D, except that such firearm, rifle or shotgun shall be returned forthwith upon presentation within thirty days of said license to carry firearms, firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card or hunting license as hereinbefore described.​

OP wasn't packing heat.

If he was really slick, OP would have gotten a coworker from the same tow company
to hightail it to the scene. "I'm here to tow away the criminal's car". "Uh, OK".

Precisely what stupid prize was the driver expecting when he played a stupid game?

Who wouldn't?

Could be worse.
pope-card-72dpi.jpg

Holding out for a clear photo of FPP MSP Leigha Genduso wearing a sidearm while in uniform.
Are those her real boobs? I didn't realize she had crankers like that!

20150316131907012_hd.jpg

OP wasn't packing heat.

Who wouldn't?

Could be worse.
pope-card-72dpi.jpg

Lol. I knew her.

Reactions: AHM
You are lucky the cop did not have your car towed, obtained a search warrant, tossed it and left you to pay the tow bill.

Yes, we all know "not on ones person" is legal on a college campus with an LTC, but the police (deliberately?) don't get trained on that nuance. The judges don't either unless defense counsel tells them to read 269-10j in full and then cites precedent establishing that differences in wording, particularly between different sections of the same law, are to be construed as having meaning. Usually such a charge is dropped after one gets an unexpungable record and pays for counsel, then the scavenger hunt for something else starts (like a safe storage violation).

I have read one search warrant (the warrant was granted) of a car impounded because a campus cop saw an empty piece of brass, and stated it was evidence of a gun in the car that would be illegal even though the driver was known to have a valid LTC. The charge was dropped after defense counsel pointed out the law, the LTC returned, and taken away when the charges were refiled as storage since then gun was in the center console and not in the trunk or securely locked case. Driver pled out to a 2 year CWOF.
This. Campus police definitely have the authority to enforce local and state laws. It sounds like the guy was doing you a favor by just leaving you with a funny look vs what he could have actually done.

This. Campus police definitely have the authority to enforce local and state laws. It sounds like the guy was doing you a favor by just leaving you with a funny look vs what he could have actually done.
Lucky he didn’t put a knee on his neck for 8:46 seconds.

1. The cop would be entitled to ask for a consent search

2. If denied, the cop would be entitled to impound the car tow truck at your the towing company's expense while seeking a warrant based "on his/her experience indicating the presence of a holster indicates the liklihood of a gun in the car tow truck that is unlawful on a college campus". (that's the kind of wording you see in warrant applications)
FTFY.

- If the judged ignored the law and issued the warrant, the search would proceed and charges filed. Oh, they pesky warrant thing - I have known of a district court judge in such a case telling defense counsel "I don't want to hear any argument about the warrant".
You keep trotting out that anecdote.
Was the defense counsel anyone you would recommend to an NESer?

- If the judge followed the law and denied the warrant two things would be certain: (a) You The towing company would pay the tow fee and (b) the cop would not be disciplined.
FTFY.

Are those her real boobs? I didn't realize she had crankers like that!
Don't know about the boobs, but I bet the muffin-top is real.

Lol. I knew her.
Dead behind the eyes, amirite?
ETA: I thought @Sentenza meant Jen Psaki, not Leigha Genduso. [rofl]

Last edited:

1. The cop would be entitled to ask for a consent search This assumes the cop in question is a douche bag. Ok, stipulated.

2. If denied, the cop would be entitled to impound the car at your expense while seeking a warrant based "on his/her experience indicating the presence of a holster indicates the likelihood of a gun in the car that is unlawful on a college campus". (that's the kind of wording you see in warrant applications) Would this apply also to say, NES window/bumper stickers (or NRA/GOAL/COMM2A/etc), rifle racks in the rear window, shooting magazines (the sort you read, not stick in a gun) on the seat, etc.?

- If the judge ignored the law and issued the warrant, the search would proceed and charges filed. Oh, they pesky warrant thing - I have known of a district court judge in such a case telling defense counsel "I don't want to hear any argument about the warrant". Charges filed IF bad stuff were found, one hopes... I'd love to say you're full of it WRT judges ignoring law or evidence, but I doubt you're wrong on those points...

- If the judge followed the law and denied the warrant two things would be certain: (a) You would pay the tow fee and (b) the cop would not be disciplined. True, both...

Inline peanut gallery comments and I think one question

I'd love to say you're full of it WRT judges ignoring law or evidence, but I doubt you're wrong on those points...
I've seen a search warrant approved based on "owner has LTC but empty brass was spotted, which is evidence of a gun in the car which is illegal under MA law". A judge who knew and applied the law would ask "Officer, if the gun was not carried on the subjects person the presence in the car was legal as long as it was securely stored in a locked case or trunk. Do you have any evidence suggesting such?".

I spoke to an involved party in the case and the judge did start out with "I don't want to hear any arguments about the warrant".

Ask 10 cops if an LTC holder is violating the law having an AR15 in a locked case in the trunk of his car on school property and a majority will almost certainly say yes. When one very pro-gun cop said this I asked what law and was told "It's in there somewhere".

I've seen a search warrant approved based on "owner has LTC but empty brass was spotted, which is evidence of a gun in the car which is illegal under MA law". A judge who knew and applied the law would ask "Officer, if the gun was not carried on the subjects person the presence in the car was legal as long as it was securely stored in a locked case or trunk. Do you have any evidence suggesting such?".

I spoke to an involved party in the case and the judge did start out with "I don't want to hear any arguments about the warrant".

Ask 10 cops if an LTC holder is violating the law having an AR15 in a locked case in the trunk of his car on school property and a majority will almost certainly say yes. When one very pro-gun cop said this I asked what law and was told "It's in there somewhere".

Yep.

Cops know most laws. But not all of them.

If you're carrying a firearm, KNOW the laws of the jurisdiction you're in.
And have your attorney's number in both your phone and your SO's phone.

Id say this was the cuck comment of the day but that dude posted a whole thread today about not confronting his neighbor over tresspassing and cutting down his shitty bushes on his property because he has guns in the house.
Wut? Where is this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom