• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost Another One

I regret having to tell you of the combat loss of SFC John Thomas Stone. SFC Stone, serving with TF Catamount, was hit by small arms fire during the defense of his FOB west of Kandahar yesterday. He was 52.

He was on his 3rd tour in Afghanistan.

Fortunately, I don't think I actually know him.

Hooah, Old Soldier. [halfmast]

It's like the media are trying to pretend there are not two wars going on right now.

It kills me that another American soldier has died in the war, but the newspapers top stories are about some moron hostage reporter who sucked up to the terrorists, got kidnapped, pleads for her life, and then got released after three months of captivity, and wants us to know that they didn't "harm" her.

But our soldiers dying in combat is treated like a traffic accident or something.

halfmast.gif

Godspeed, soldier.

hminsky said:
It's like the media are trying to pretend there are not two wars going on right now.

It kills me that another American soldier has died in the war, but the newspapers top stories are about some moron hostage reporter who sucked up to the terrorists, got kidnapped, pleads for her life, and then got released after three months of captivity, and wants us to know that they didn't "harm" her.

But our soldiers dying in combat is treated like a traffic accident or something.

My thought is she gave them a cut of her book deal.

Back
Top Bottom