• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost key to gun lock

What should I do just learn to throw it hard? Would a locksmith be willing or able? d4915705-e12e-4658-a303-3b1019506486.png

Attachments

• d4915705-e12e-4658-a303-3b1019506486.png
    d4915705-e12e-4658-a303-3b1019506486.png
    165 KB · Views: 10
Two hammers
Have someone hold the pistol and sharply strike the lock on the long sides at the same time, pull the hammers away from one another quickly and the lock will drop open.
It jars the pins in the lock and gravity does the rest.

Works every time with cheap key padlocks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wNgp_L1Uw

Last edited:
rs=w:365,h:365,cg:true,m

IMG_0016.jpg

Shim attack is probably the easiest. As mentioned above, LPL can show you how with a piece of aluminum can. Next up are any of the brute force methods. If picking, chances are you can just rake it.

Sounds like an excuse to have a beer with breakfast.
Just tried a rake on my Ruger lock, was even easier than picking.

Just tried a rake on my Ruger lock, was even easier than picking.
Unless your padlock was relatively expensive, it's almost always easier to rake. And wave rakes are great, but you can use a single point (e.g. diamond or half round) with the same technique - just more scrubbing.

Locks keep the honest honest.

Get a lock pick set on Ebay LESS THEN $10.00. You tube video on picking locks. These locks are easy to pick. The only down side is waiting a few days for the pick tools. The two hammer slam will also work. The easiest is to cut it off and buy a new lock. Bolt cutters may be the best bet. You may be able to rent bolt cutters at Home Depot. If you don't want to spend the money on purchaseing. Also bolt cutters my be an inexpensive tool at Harbot Freight.

You could pop that open in 2 seconds with a pair of wrenches. Look it up. Your locking will be open faster than you could make a post asking how to open ahttps://youtu.be/dBSSA5ot0tA lock.

Back
Top Bottom