• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

lost magazine while working

Hi guys,

My friend is a security guy who drives around in the armored trucks picking up money from banks/stores. He just called me this morning and said while he was working yesterday, one of his magazines fell off his belt clip. The mag is loaded with .45 JHP. He looked in the truck and his car hoping it fell off while driving but he can't find it. Does he have to report the magazine lost to the police?

Is his name written on it? Serial numbers or unique markers that come back to him? If not, I know I would prefer NOT to go through the experience of telling a LEO that I lost a full mag of .45 JHP...somewhere. I'm guessing the response would not be understanding. Legally, I'm not sure he has a responsibility to report since its not a firearm.

Is this in Mass? If you see a news story about a city block being shut down, Blackhawks scrambled, multiple SWAT teams deployed, and the bomb squad driving RC robots all over the place, call him and tell him you found his mag.

Is his name written on it? Serial numbers or unique markers that come back to him? If not, I know I would prefer NOT to go through the experience of telling a LEO that I lost a full mag of .45 JHP...somewhere. I'm guessing the response would not be understanding. Legally, I'm not sure he has a responsibility to report since its not a firearm.

This.

MGL only requires notification of lost/stolen firearms, not accessories/ammunition (MGL 140-129C).

I don't know. CSI will be on site where they find your magazine dusting for your finger prints, be at your house and find the dead body burried under concrete in your back yard within an hour. It's true, I've seen it on TV! [thinking][laugh]

Seriously though, this is Mass. I wouldn't put it past them to check for prints if someone reports it to the police.

Tell your "friend" he needs to rethink his equipment if this happens. Either he's sitting on the mag release and needs to move the gun, or he needs a better holster.

Tell your "friend" he needs to rethink his equipment if this happens. Either he's sitting on the mag release and needs to move the gun, or he needs a better holster.

The OP said:
He just called me this morning and said while he was working yesterday, one of his magazines fell off his belt clip

So I believe that he means that his friend lost on of his spare magazines, not the one in the gun. So he needs a better mag holder...

I just hope no first grader finds it and takeas it to school. It will be with him/her for life.

Hi guys,

My friend is a security guy who drives around in the armored trucks picking up money from banks/stores. He just called me this morning and said while he was working yesterday, one of his magazines fell off his belt clip. The mag is loaded with .45 JHP. He looked in the truck and his car hoping it fell off while driving but he can't find it. Does he have to report the magazine lost to the police?

serious.jpg

Some of you guys have been in MA way too long....

The only "problem" here is the fact that the guy lost some money. He might want to invest in better mag carriers.

-Mike

Hey guys, I have an extra mag for trade. Will include 10 rounds of JHP's. PM me and we can work out a trade. It does not fit in any of my pistols

I think the question here is if he did lose it for real what will the person who finds it do?

Few possibilities:

-Guy finds magazine, goes "OMGWTF im a libtard and bullets are scareeeee!" and calls the cops. Cops take it from the guy (or, more likely, cops come, and moonbat guy will point at it with a worried look on his face while they pick it up) and throw it in a box of miscellaneous confiscated gun crap at the PD.

-Random guy finds magazine, doesn't know what it is, leaves it there or throws it away

-Kid finds magazine, gets in trouble with it at school, pant s**tting hysterics ensue, cops eventually get magazine, and it gets thrown in the box of miscellanous gun crap at the station.

-Gun guy (or gangbanger) finds magazine, says "wow cool, free ammo" and throws it in his pocket. End of story. [laugh]

-Mike

Since its not your mag, WGAF

But you need to tell your buddy that he needs to go down to the police station post haste and give them all the serial numbers off of his guns, you know just to be safe. also he needs to relinquesce all his ammo to the police so if the ammo is found they can match it up and promptly arrest your friend for disturbing the peace. Also you need to make sure he does these things and you must write a strongly worded letter to the CoP because apprently your friend is not suitable to have any firearms. He clearly is not a 1%er and should be treated accordingly. Its for his own good since and you must help the state in dealing with this criminal. THINK OF THE CHILDREN, this is how gangbangers and drug dealers get firearms. They dont steal them, stupid people lose things. WE NEED STRICTER GUN CONTROL LAWS FOR THIS VERY REASON

Since its not your mag, WGAF

But you need to tell your buddy that he needs to go down to the police station post haste and give them all the serial numbers off of his guns, you know just to be safe. also he needs to relinquesce all his ammo to the police so if the ammo is found they can match it up and promptly arrest your friend for disturbing the peace. Also you need to make sure he does these things and you must write a strongly worded letter to the CoP because apprently your friend is not suitable to have any firearms. He clearly is not a 1%er and should be treated accordingly. Its for his own good since and you must help the state in dealing with this criminal. THINK OF THE CHILDREN, this is how gangbangers and drug dealers get firearms. They dont steal them, stupid people lose things. WE NEED STRICTER GUN CONTROL LAWS FOR THIS VERY REASON

I had to google two separate things in your post. One was an acronym I didn't know, and the other a word I suspected did not exist.

wait til CSI prints the "bullets" and the SWAT team kicks his door in, shoots the dog, terrorizes the family, and eats all his donuts.

Every school within a 10 mile radius will go into lockdown when someone calls it in.

LMFAO you know it's true too. There'd be SWAT teams clearing school hallways in the entire town it was found in.

Seriously though, don't tell anyone unless his name is on it. Never call the police unless you absolutely 100% have no alternative.

Back
Top Bottom