• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost Wallet and LTC, Quincy Police Department dragging their feet on putting in for a replacement

I once left a thousand page technical manual on the roof of my van when I headed out to work one morning. This was way back in the 1990's. It made it to the highway entrance ramp where it fell off and exploded (3 ring binder). Some kind soul following me stopped on the ramp, chased down all the pages, put them back together almost perfectly in order then looked up my phone number (I had written my name and address on the inside cover) from the phone book and then called me to come pick it up. I sent them a Christmas card for years but they must have moved or died as they started coming back undelivered a few years ago. Yeah there are still some good ones out there.

I once left a thousand page technical manual on the roof of my van when I headed out to work one morning. This was way back in the 1990's. It made it to the highway entrance ramp where it fell off and exploded (3 ring binder). Some kind soul following me stopped on the ramp, chased down all the pages, put them back together almost perfectly in order then looked up my phone number (I had written my name and address on the inside cover) from the phone book and then called me to come pick it up. I sent them a Christmas card for years but they must have moved or died as they started coming back undelivered a few years ago. Yeah there are still some good ones out there.
Dang. They deserve a Christmas ham every year for that

Last year I put my wallet on my bumper while disconnecting my trailer, then I drove in to town. It made it about 2 miles before falling off. That is according to the person who found it in the road. Googled my address. Then drove it to my house. There are still a few good ones out there.
Take that noise to the @Reptile megathread. [rofl]

Here's my tale:

About 4 months ago I lost my wallet and immediately reported my lost LTC to the Quincy Police Department. The firearms department was very nice and said no problem we'll order a replacement.

A month later they called and said the replacement came in and offered to mail it to me because of COVID precautions. However, weeks later I still have not received it and was asked to wait longer just in case the USPS messed up. Two more weeks later, after calling the USPS on the forlorn hope that they had it stashed somewhere, I'm assuming the post office lost my mail. I connected with her around maybe just getting a new replacement, but she said she "lost" my file, and would give me a call back when she found it. Needless to say after a week of waiting, I got no call back. Attempting to get an update, turns out the firearms person was on vacation.

One more month, I finally managed to connect with the firearms person again, and she had no memory that we had a back and forth around my replacement, as she said she has no record in her file. I told her at this point it's been a few months and I still haven't gotten a replacement, and she said, she has to connect with her captain around ordering me another one "as I had order a replacement once before back in 2019", which I had, having lost my wallet back then.

For the past month I've been calling her every three to four days just to check in, always polite, and every time she's either said that she hasn't spoken with the captain or the captain hasn't said anything to her. Calling her today, she brushed me off the fastest so far, saying she'll try to speak with him (or her) later today, but just be patient.

At this point, I'm very frustrated. I've been extremely polite and understanding, have never violated any law. I received my license at the age of 19 with the standard QPD "Target shooting and hunting only" restriction, and never sought to get an unrestricted license (which they allow for after age 21) because I never felt I needed it, so I don't understand why the process has been made so difficult for me to get a REPLACEMENT copy of my LTC.

What are the options available to me at this point? I don't feel comfortable going to the range without a LTC card just in case I get pulled over on the way to the range, so its been a while since I've been.

Update 10/20 - I've emailed the Captain that I'm pretty sure is in charge, also called the office of the Chief and had them drop my contact info with the captain in charge of firearms. Called the state firearms section, they confirmed that a replacement was made in June, but said they couldn't do anything without the PD putting in a request first.

If you've lost your wallet twice in a few years maybe keep better tabs on it? lol

My buddy has a chain wallet because he loses it all the time without one. OP might have to bite the bullet and get a chain!

I lost mine about 3 months ago. Emailed both the lt. in charge of firearm licensing and captain, no response from either. Renewal is up on my birthday in Jan.

I am 56 and not once have I lost my wallet/ keys/library cards. I could see if it was stolen but how do you lose something that has a lot of important items. You guys who have lost wallets, are you the FBI guys that leave their guns on the roof of the car or on the back of the toilet? [rofl]

my take away...you loose your wallet a lot. drink a bit do ya?

Lost your wallet twice in two years? Stay away from hookers

Good advice for any situation I think
Please BE WARNED!

Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam whilst out shopping.

Here's how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket. You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on September 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on October 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.

Edit:

I now have a nice paracord like tether that I picked out from Eastern Mountain Sports (climbing rope) that I attached to my wallet. It hooks on to a cool looking mini clip that I attach to my Kitanica pants. It's not as secure as a wallet chain but it wont scratch things up either. If my wallet dangles or gets yanked, I'll likely feel it. The cord can be cut but I doubt that will happen. This EDC set up is great and secure enough most of the time.

I now have a nice paracord like tether ... that I attached to my wallet. ... If my wallet dangles or gets yanked, I'll likely feel it. The cord can be cut but I doubt that will happen. ...
Puh-leeze.

Third-world pickpockets will cut off an ass cheek like the
very pious and humane Iman in Candide, without blinking.
(Note well that the original text says "Imam", not "man").

And third-world pickpockets are exactly what
we're importing over the border in record numbers of late.

Puh-leeze.

Third-world pickpockets will cut off an ass cheek like the
very pious and humane Iman in Candide, without blinking.
(Note well that the original text says "Imam", not "man").

And third-world pickpockets are exactly what
we're importing over the border in record numbers of late.
I had a friend that went to Italy and he said in Rome, gypsy women will lift up their dresses and as you are staring another one will relieve you of your valuables. My daughter was in Spain and taking the train from the airport and by the time she got to her stop she had her phone stolen.

I had a friend that went to Italy and he said in Rome, gypsy women will lift up their dresses and as you are staring another one will relieve you of your valuables. ...
The Bride's oldest sister had a bunch of high school girls
pull the "shove up against the gringo and make a lot of noise" trick in Naples...
(Down @Reptile! Bad @Reptile! [shocked] [rofl])
...but a local saw what was going on,
and used some choice Italian to banish them in the nick of time.

Quincy is usually pretty good with regard to LTCs. The admin assistant for licensing, Diane, has always been on the ball, in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom