Lost wallet & LTC

Good luck with this. This is also why my wallet stays in the center console. I carry folding cash and one credit card in my front pocket.

I had one of those biker wallets in high school, wore it every day with a matching Buck 110 in a leather case! Times sure have changed...,

No! They haven't changed...we have!
Embrace the "No shitz given" attitude of your youth and stay Perpetually Young!

Did you look between and under both seats in your auto? I know someone that lost their wallet after gassing up and after replacing everything found it one day cleaning his car out tucked between the front seats on the passenger side.

I found a wallet on my street, but the ID was from a not so good area of town and it had a bunch of Mass Health cards for a brood. Normally, I would track down the owner but I did not want some welfare queen screaming I had taken hundreds in cash from her wallet (I didn't) so I dropped it off at the local PD where I was assured it would be delivered to the owner.

I dropped my wallet overboard on a boat last summer, and someone put it in our mailbox three days later. Everything intact, but the wallet was ruined by salt water.

No! They haven't changed...we have!
Embrace the "No shitz given" attitude of your youth and stay Perpetually Young!

My reference was about school policies changing over the years. I started seeing sheathed knives being EDCd in Jr HS, by HS it was the norm (early80s). Today, students would be automatically expelled for far less! ( keychain SA knife)

Only took me a week for a replacement after notifying police that I misplaced/lost LTC. About a month later, I found the old LTC in my printer. I was scanning it into my computer, got distracted, and forgot about it. [laugh]

Lol, been there done that. "Lost" my driver's license for two weeks in my scanner. I also scan licenses/car titles and various other stuff for clients, found a title in there once and had to have one of my employees drive down to the RMV where the guy was headed (without his title which he needed).

Whenever I go out of State for any length of time I leave my LTCs in the safe at home. I can deal w/ losing the wallet contents, losing the LTCs is a pain in the ass.

Why would you lock your gun up at home? It’s useless there.
District of Columbia v. Heller (PDF), the United States Supreme Court issued its first decision since 1939 interpreting the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. It also ruled that two District of Columbia provisions, one that banned handguns and one that required lawful firearms in the home to be disassembled or trigger-locked, violate this right.

Was riding a snowmobile this winter in Maine and saw from distance another snowmobile dropping something without noticing. When I reached the area I spotted the wallet the guy had lost.
Inside the wallet were a British passport, credit cards, British drivers license and travelers checks plus a couple hundred $ bills.
Tried to catch up to him but he was long gone (snowmobile trail split multiple times).
Finally when I got into Greenville I saw him at the snowmobile rental return parking lot...boy was the guy happy when I produced his wallet :)
Did my part in improving British - US relations ;)

The price of $220 for the base model is well within reasonable.
Let us know how you like it...

Last summer on the opening day of oyster season in Barnstable, I found an iPhone with credit cards, license etc on the flats (soon to be flooded by the incoming tide).... I returned the iPhone/wallet to Barnstable PD....I'm sure the woman got back to her house in Harwich at the same time the wallet was turned in! ;)

Had a similar scare almost a month ago, at Fenway Park...
good story, gotta love baseball folk!

now my story, I was shooting the new hampshire state trapshoot at pelham a lot of years ago and had 1500 in my wallet to play the whole card and calcutta for the weekend. they had a 4 holer bathroom back then over at the trap range near the pits, you know, holes cut in a board over a stinky pit. i walk in to do my business and left, head to the cashier to pay for the day. no wallet and i'm suicidal. retraced my steps, nothing, so walk into this smelly bathroom building and look into the the cubby i was in. there it was, half on the board, half teetering over the pit. it was so precarious that when the guy in the next one walked out the wallet wavered over on the edge. jeezus, if it ever fell in.....

Just a update here. Went in for a meet with the licensing officer on the 24th of August, he filed for a replacement.

I called in October and was told L a new one was issued and I would be called as soon as it came in.

I called yesterday and was told they still have not received the replacement? License is listed as active tho. It’s taken longer to get a replacement than it took for me to get the fu***** thing in the first place! Still carry daily

Last summer on the opening day of oyster season in Barnstable, I found an iPhone with credit cards, license etc on the flats (soon to be flooded by the incoming tide).... I returned the iPhone/wallet to Barnstable PD....I'm sure the woman got back to her house in Harwich at the same time the wallet was turned in! ;)
Found a wallet on my street - owner lived one town over. It was full of benefit cards (Mass health for a large brood, etc.). I returned it to the PD since I did not want some person attempting their own version of social justice by claiming the wallet had a large amount of cash (no, the PD did not take my name).

Got my Karma a couple of years later. Lost my wallet in the Home Depot parking lot. A car packed full of Hispanics who I think were immigrants parked in front of my house and one comes running up to give my wallet. The small amount of $$ was in it untouched, so I fished out the hidden $50 for him, shook his hand and thanked him. I hope those guys get their Karma on a green card.

Hey,

Filled up with gas this morning and no longer have my wallet, I'm guessing I left it on the pump or the bed rail of my truck, already retraced my route and checked at the station with no luck.

Cancelled cards already and have a replacement drivers license coming but my LTC was in my wallet, of course I'm now out of the house with a pistol and no license and not sure how to replace it? Pistols locked in a case in my center console now and I'll be headed home ASAP to drop it in the safe.

What are the steps for getting a replacement license? TIA

I'd suggest carrying two wallets, one for money, credit cards, and anything else you'd normally use daily, and another, in another pocket, with anything gun related.

Nothing to add to the excellent advice here, OP, but I’m sending positive waves your way. There are few worse feelings than realizing you’re walletless when you shouldn’t be.

My wallet jumped ship when I was on the commuter rail a few years ago. Cards, LTC, driver's license, couple hundred in cash. I called the office at North Station and left my name and number. Didn't expect much, but about six days later I get a call that a conductor found it and turned it out. It was completely intact when I picked it up. Not a bill out of place. Reminded me the world isn't as bad as NES makes it sound.

On the other hand, one conductor I talked to while I was looking for it said someone once stole his entire bag full of gear and clothes from the train car.

Found a wallet on my street - owner lived one town over. It was full of benefit cards (Mass health for a large brood, etc.). I returned it to the PD since I did not want some person attempting their own version of social justice by claiming the wallet had a large amount of cash (no, the PD did not take my name).

Got my Karma a couple of years later. Lost my wallet in the Home Depot parking lot. A car packed full of Hispanics who I think were immigrants parked in front of my house and one comes running up to give my wallet. The small amount of $$ was in it untouched, so I fished out the hidden $50 for him, shook his hand and thanked him. I hope those guys get their Karma on a green card.

The woman's name on the ID seemed Russian....so I COULD have been charged with "dealing with the Russians"! ;)

Hey,

Filled up with gas this morning and no longer have my wallet, I'm guessing I left it on the pump or the bed rail of my truck, already retraced my route and checked at the station with no luck.

Cancelled cards already and have a replacement drivers license coming but my LTC was in my wallet, of course I'm now out of the house with a pistol and no license and not sure how to replace it? Pistols locked in a case in my center console now and I'll be headed home ASAP to drop it in the safe.

What are the steps for getting a replacement license? TIA
check the local PD in the town where you lost it. I lost mine years ago scuba diving in rockport, someone found it, saw the ltc, and turned it into PD. I had it back an hour later

Yea I checked in the town I lost the wallet in. This was back in August of 2018 so I’m not concerned about find the original as I am frustrated that it’s been nearly 5 months for a replacement LTC card.

I’ll give the FRB a call and see if they have any additional info.

Back
Top Bottom