• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lott: 7.14% of Americans Have Carry Licenses, Up 273% Since 2007

One in 14 of adults or all Americans?

Some ting Wong. 17.25mil permits. 325m population is 5% of all Americans. How does Lott account for ConCarry states?????

Article was thin on methodology. At least one of his quoted #’s is erroneous compared to basic population numbers.

The good news is that it probably IS higher than 10% of adults.

One in 14 of adults or all Americans?

Some ting Wong. 17.25mil permits. 325m population is 5% of all Americans. How does Lott account for ConCarry states?????

Article was thin on methodology. At least one of his quoted #’s is erroneous compared to basic population numbers.

The good news is that it probably IS higher than 10% of adults.

It says 7% of adults. Mass is weird, requiring carry permit to own a gun. I think in most states people only get the carry permit if they’re gonna carry, unlike Mass.

Article says he doesn’t include or account for Con Carry states. I’d guess a lot of people are still listed as having a permit in those states.

He’s using official permit numbers not surveys so it’s got to be pretty accurate.

No, it is not. 17.25mil permits do not mean 17.25mil licensed people. Once I let my ME and NH permits expire, I will only account for 5 of those permits.

A closer approximation would be to count only resident permits, however, that would omit non-resident permits held by people from NJ and the likes ... but it would get closer to the real number.

No, it is not. 17.25mil permits do not mean 17.25mil licensed people. Once I let my ME and NH permits expire, I will only account for 5 of those permits.

A closer approximation would be to count only resident permits, however, that would omit non-resident permits held by people from NJ and the likes ... but it would get closer to the real number.

I’m not a fan of letting the permits expire. It wasn’t passed easily and IMO can removed at the will of who’s in charge.
I’ve kept mine current and will remain doing so.

Lott: 7.14% of Americans Have Carry Licenses, Up 273% Since 2007

1534169061365.gif

And for you older cats...

dance2.gif

OK, so it's 17.x million PERMITS. Think of all the non-resi Utah and FL permits that are probably sitting out there.

And, yeah, that whole Con-Carry-State thing is just strange. How do you account (not here, but ever) for those folks. 2 months later, I'm still shocked at the availability of guns in Missouri. "Here, check this out." "I'm a non-resident." "Well, you can't buy it, but you can check it our, right?" "Ummm, stranger-danger???" LOL

A high % increase of a small # is still a small #. But, yeah, I bet if Dems embraced 2A they'd have a much better lock on votes across the country.

In fact, I'd argue if 2A wasn't an issue, we'd be fractured into a continuum of socio-economic affiliations politically. You'd have RINO's and conservative Dems looking pretty similar. It would make for more interesting times. You'd see voters cross the lines a lot more often. Of course, the agenda of the DNC and GOP wouldn't get very far so neither would be in favor of it.

Back
Top Bottom