• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Louisville police respond to active shooting, LMPD officers say 'multiple casualties': Five people are killed in mass shooting at bank

ignoring the shooter's politics, what was he fired for I wonder. That kind of education and background makes me think he would have had other prospects unless he did something egregious. Or was fired for bullshit reasons. Just gotta sit back and wait I guess, but still. A lot of questions.

I’m actually a little confused this morning. Seen a couple different reports on the news this morning about this and every one listed the rifle as an AR-15 semi automatic rifle. Not one mention of an Assault Rifle. Seems they are changing message to make the AR monicker the new banning battle cry.
If that is verbatim the phrase that was used, they are trying to make an effort to focus on the semiautomatic function because that is the new target for the anti's. "Assault Weapon" is a 90's term for low information types and if they do the research and they find a Mini 14 has functionally the same capabilities as an AR or AK, but isn't an "Assault Weapon" they're going to short circuit and firearms that are mag fed and semi auto will still be available.

Since they can't quantify what the maximum rate of fire a person should be able to legally be allowed to do, the Anti's are now targeting the tools that allow a rate of fire they deem "too much."

The ultimate goal is Australian gun laws where semi autos aren't a thing anymore.

Hmmmm.......I don't care how they address the rifle as once again it was a mentally ill Democrat pulling the trigger.
The Donks are gonna try very hard to deflect the blame to an inanimate object, since:
A. That's on-agenda, and
B. Violent criminals, generally, are their fellow Donks (and their "pets").

Hmmmm.......I don't care how they address the rifle as once again it was a mentally ill Democrat pulling the trigger.

Hard to say just the extent of his “mental challenges” aka mental illness. To what degree HIPAA prevent disclosure of treatment, I dunno, but I expect any licensed tree-a-ist must be subpoenaed for records. Family is free to divulge all. I’m skeptical wrt RKBA restrictions based on a depression diagnosis - “feeling down” vs being unable to function is a big difference with a lot in between. Seems there’s 8 categories and 4 levels of depression? That’s one more than Baskin’s has flavors…

The family of Connor Sturgeon, the man who police say opened fire in a downtown Louisville bank branch killing five people Monday, said the 25-year-old struggled with depression, but they saw no signs he was planning or capable of such violence.

"While Connor, like many of his contemporaries, had mental health challenges which we, as a family, were actively addressing, there were never any warning signs or indications he was capable of this shocking act," according to a statement sent to WDRB News by the family.

I’m curious to the killer’s firearms experience. One doesn’t easily go from being a non-shooter to a mass killer with an AR-15 in 6 days. I suppose once you know you insert a loaded mag, rack the charging handle and flip the safety off, it’s pretty much point and shoot.

Five killed and nine wounded (36% lethality) is more in line with the 2022 Chicago Hey Jackass data (665/3602= 18%), even if a bit higher.

He purchased the weapon legally six days earlier at a local gun dealer.

Last edited:

Hard to say just the extent of his “mental challenges” aka mental illness. To what degree HIPAA prevent disclosure of treatment, I dunno, but I expect any licensed tree-a-ist must be subpoenaed for records. Family is free to divulge all. I’m skeptical wrt RKBA restrictions based on a depression diagnosis - “feeling down” vs being unable to function is a big difference with a lot in between. Seems there’s 8 categories and 4 levels of depression? That’s one more than Baskin’s has flavors…

The family of Connor Sturgeon, the man who police say opened fire in a downtown Louisville bank branch killing five people Monday, said the 25-year-old struggled with depression, but they saw no signs he was planning or capable of such violence.

"While Connor, like many of his contemporaries, had mental health challenges which we, as a family, were actively addressing, there were never any warning signs or indications he was capable of this shocking act," according to a statement sent to WDRB News by the family.

I’m curious to the killer’s firearms experience. One doesn’t easily go from being a non-shooter to a mass killer with an AR-15 in 6 days. I suppose once you know you insert a loaded mag, rack the charging handle and flip the safety off, it’s pretty much point and shoot.

Five killed and nine wounded (36% lethality) is more in line with the 2022 Chicago Hey Jackass data (665/3602= 18%), even if a bit higher.

He purchased the weapon legally six days earlier at a local gun dealer.
Good points. He also could have been renting similar guns to the one he used for some time to practice with it before buying one.

f*** that doctor in his noise hole(s). "Do something", OK Karen, unrestricted carry, businesses can't trespass you for it, keep holstered until needed and judicious aim is requested. There, I've "done something" that isn't Stasi-lite, like you. Dumbf***. We've been cranking down on people's rights for decades and it hasn't stopped shit, and this retard thinks one more screwjob is going to make a difference? GMAFB.

f*** that doctor in his noise hole(s). "Do something", OK Karen, unrestricted carry, businesses can't trespass you for it, keep holstered until needed and judicious aim is requested. There, I've "done something" that isn't Stasi-lite, like you. Dumbf***. We've been cranking down on people's rights for decades and it hasn't stopped shit, and this retard thinks one more screwjob is going to make a difference? GMAFB.
I heard that dickhead yesterday and thought the same thing.

"I've seen the damage these weapons cause." Yeah, this isn't like turning off the lights. Bullets cause catastrophic damage to flesh. That is what they are supposed to do and a necessary function for efficiency and efficacy. That doesn't change the equation at all when the overwhelming majority use them for lawful purposes.

Last edited:
The vast majority of people who get shot live. You only need to point out the total number of people shot versus killed. Only 10% die.

Do you run to NES every time there’s a car crash in New England? Give me a break.
No f*** your break, you must be some real special kind of a**h*** if you’re bothered by me asking people if they’re alrite after a mass shooting in their area. It doesn’t even need explaining but I’ll make an effort for the sake of the argument and others following along.

1) I don’t know where they live in relation to the event or where they or their family members were when it went down, that’s why I asked if they were ok.

2) It wasn’t more than a couple weeks ago with the shooting in Nashville that one of our members lived a block away and was posting about friends who responded to that scene. The guys in KY crossed my mind when I heard about this shooting.

3) Or maybe it was because there’s several threads that I follow with these members moving out there, their trials, experiences and successes, building a range, building a farm for themselves or just talking and joking about having an NES camp and shoot there, or maybe I just thought of them because I’m a nice f***ing guy.

4) Your comparisons weak as f*** too because I have checked on several people here during storms, outages, sickness, hospital stays and have personally offered my help with whatever they need, like any decent person would, so there’s another thing you can f*** off to.

No f*** your break, you must be some real special kind of a**h*** if you’re bothered by me asking people if they’re alrite after a mass shooting in their area. It doesn’t even need explaining but I’ll make an effort for the sake of the argument and others following along.

1) I don’t know where they live in relation to the event or where they or their family members were when it went down, that’s why I asked if they were ok.

2) It wasn’t more than a couple weeks ago with the shooting in Nashville that one of our members lived a block away and was posting about friends who responded to that scene. The guys in KY crossed my mind when I heard about this shooting.

3) Or maybe it was because there’s several threads that I follow with these members moving out there, their trials, experiences and successes, building a range, building a farm for themselves or just talking and joking about having an NES camp and shoot there, or maybe I just thought of them because I’m a nice f***ing guy.

4) Your comparisons weak as f*** too because I have checked on several people here during storms, outages, sickness, hospital stays and have personally offered my help with whatever they need, like any decent person would, so there’s another thing you can f*** off to.

I think that’s great you do all that, but when you attack people who don’t, that’s crossing over into virtue signaling.

It was a joke, you need to lighten up.

I think that’s great you do all that, but when you attack people who don’t, that’s crossing over into virtue signaling.

It was a joke, you need to lighten up.
You came to me, not the other way around. But sure I’ll agree to disagree and move on. My apologies if I misread your humor as contempt.

Sorry, not at all, it was more a jab at banking executives. NESers who move to Kentucky work for a living.
I see, and agree with that point. At the time of my post all I had heard was there was a lot of folks dead in a bank there, no idea who the victims were at the time. Regardless, my mistake for overreacting. Crazy world’s apparently got me a little stressed lately. I’ll dial my shit down.

I see, and agree with that point. At the time of my post all I had heard was there was a lot of folks dead in a bank there, no idea who the victims were at the time. Regardless, my mistake for overreacting. Crazy world’s apparently got me a little stressed lately. I’ll dial my shit down.

I’m sorry that I added to that stress!

Theres so much bad shit going on it’s hard to keep up. :(

EXCLUSIVE: Motive for massacre: Louisville bank shooter Connor Sturgeon wrote chilling 13-page manifesto laying out his THREE reasons for killing spree: To prove how easy it is to buy a gun, highlight America's mental health crisis...and kill himself​

• Connor Sturgeon got his suicide wish as stated in his 13-page manifesto when he was shot dead by cops as he opened fire at a bank in Louisville on April 10
  • According to the missive, Sturgeon, whose family revealed was on medication, wanted to highlight the country's mental health crisis
  • The 25-year-old graduate also wanted to shine a spotlight on how he was able to buy an AR-15 in a state with lax gun laws, just four days before the massacre

Back
Top Bottom