• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Love those Cabelas Points -

ccm75

NES Member
Use my club card for gas and pretty much everything else.

Used to gather Amex points for travel which we don't do much anymore so now I just get hundreds of dollars of free stuff at Cabela's.

Stopped in today between appointments and picked up a 500 pack of WWB 9mm, $180.00, less military discount, less points = Free Ammo.

Any one?

I find 2% cash back more appealing, then I can buy what i want. I don't buy guns or ammo at Cabelas if I can at all help it. They are generally overpriced unless they have a sale.
And buying a gun there, is an excercise in frustration.

I do have a Cabelas card, but really don't use it much anymore.

I opened a high interest savings at a bank and they have a card that's 4% back on gas and groceries, and restaurants. I may get that one and replace the Cabelas card with it.

They are a scumbag company that does not support your rights and overcharges you.

Did I get that right????? ;)

I use BPS/Cabelas to pick up fishing gear when I'm in the area. THat's it. I HAD a card. In fact, I STILL have a card. . . that I charge BPS stuff on. They decided to change their point system a couple of years ago. I stopped then. Swapped everything over to Cap-One. I've got $5,000 in reward points on Cap-One. We're going to Disney in November. ;)

They are a scumbag company that does not support your rights and overcharges you.

Did I get that right????? ;)

I use BPS/Cabelas to pick up fishing gear when I'm in the area. THat's it. I HAD a card. In fact, I STILL have a card. . . that I charge BPS stuff on. They decided to change their point system a couple of years ago. I stopped then. Swapped everything over to Cap-One. I've got $5,000 in reward points on Cap-One. We're going to Disney in November. ;)
Disney is a scumbag company that for certain overcharges you and doesn't support your rights......so Im not sure where your going with that? ;)

I'm using my points for a family cruise to Bermuda with Norwegian. Which may be another douche company for all I know.

But then again pretty much every corporation is that anyway. Cant get away from it.

Use my club card for gas and pretty much everything else.

Used to gather Amex points for travel which we don't do much anymore so now I just get hundreds of dollars of free stuff at Cabela's.

Stopped in today between appointments and picked up a 500 pack of WWB 9mm, $180.00, less military discount, less points = Free Ammo.

Any one?
Cabela points s*ck a**.
Can't use them to pay off your card, only spend in store.
Total junk.
Accumulate too slow.

I have a card I got 15 years ago, I only keep it because I don't want to close an old account.

I prefer all my other point cards that I can apply to the statement, so I can get whatever I want wherever I want and pay it off that way.

PSA: Cabelas club point hack. Buy something expensive online with store delivery. Then cancel before picking up. You will keep the points. Or buy something st the store and return it. Customer service told me so. LMAO.

Last edited:
I just use regular CC's, 1.5% on everything, 2% groceries and 3% Dining.

I actually used my TD CC cash back to buy a Daniel Defense Upper from Brownells

I just use regular CC's, 1.5% on everything, 2% groceries and 3% Dining.

I actually used my TD CC cash back to buy a Daniel Defense Upper from Brownells
Should get one that gives 3% on online purchases on top fo the other cash back.

I paid for my insurance in full, got $120
Buy a $1K gun on GB, get $30
I just paid $700 for airline tickets, will get money for that.

I purchased at least 2 guns every year using money I get back. The next $700 I get back will go towards a nice spotting scope.

Back
Top Bottom