Low Cost Training in Western MA

Im still hoping to get four more but I still only have six guys lines up. We do still have a month left to go so dont panic yet.

I'm a possible on this. I need to see if I can find some mini-14 mags and a red dot sight.

The red dot is not necassary its more of a personal preferance. But if you are having trouble finding m ags for your mini 14 let me know I can look around here and I will just bring them to the class. How many mags are you looking for and what capacity?

-DM-

Still looking for more guys. But I did speak the Jesse and we are going to run the class regardless, but getting more guys would be great, it just make the class that much more enjoyable.

-DM-

Will, you can add another to the list. My buddy said he is definitely down for this class.

Outstanding. I think one of my buddies is going to take it. He is recovering from a broken heel so he is kinda iffy. But I told him I would pay for it since the class is on his birthday.

-DM-

I will be posting the address for a meeting point since the actual range is out of the way. I will so this when I have more time tomarrow.

The meeting point will be: Stop & Shop @ 1282 Springfield St Agawam MA 01030. That way you can map quest the directions from where you live. Please try to be there around 0800-0815 if you have any problems finding it call my cell phone it will be on. To the guys already on the list I sent a pm to you all with the address as well.

-Will-

I'm going to have to pull out, as I'm not prepared. I was supposed to have plenty of reloads available, but with all the delays I had getting equipment from Midway to reload .223, I have about 20 rounds loaded up. Sorry.

I'm going to have to pull out, as I'm not prepared. I was supposed to have plenty of reloads available, but with all the delays I had getting equipment from Midway to reload .223, I have about 20 rounds loaded up. Sorry.

What do you have for ammo? I can see what I have for 223 and maybe christmas will come early for you if I have enough. I dont want you to miss out cause of an ammo issue. I know I dont have all 300 for you but I know I can throw some your way. I just have to check to see how much I have to let you use.

PS: Dont try and say well I dont want have to owe you, cuase its on me. Why miss an opportunity like this.

-Will-

The meeting point will be: Stop & Shop @ 1282 Springfield St Agawam MA 01030. That way you can map quest the directions from where you live. Please try to be there around 0800-0815 if you have any problems finding it call my cell phone it will be on. To the guys already on the list I sent a pm to you all with the address as well.

-Will-

Got it . See you guys there.

In the original post it states - A way to Carry both Rifle and Pistol magazines/speed loaders on your person. Is the use of a tactical vest good for this training? Yeah I know, but I have one that can hold my AR mags plus carry a backup pistol/mags in case I have problems with my primary.

If not, I do have a leg pouch that would work.

In the original post it states - A way to Carry both Rifle and Pistol magazines/speed loaders on your person. Is the use of a tactical vest good for this training? Yeah I know, but I have one that can hold my AR mags plus carry a backup pistol/mags in case I have problems with my primary.

If not, I do have a leg pouch that would work.

ITs pretty much whatever you want to run. Al song as you can carry them on your body thats all that matters.

-DM-

Bring your rain gear gents. Looks like we are going to get wet! This could end up like the training class that was held in CT that was like shooting in a monsoon. [smile] Ok, it's only predicting rain showers so hopefully no downpours.

What's that saying? If it's not raining, we're not training? Something like that.

I do not have any rain gear so I am going to try to buy something appropriate tomorrow. Otherwise I am just going to be very wet [smile]

Regardless of my rain gear situation I will be there.

Rain

Unfortunately it looks like Rain[frown] But both Jesse and I will be Bringing portable awnings! Also I bought Chow for the day in the form of burgers and bottles of water, If you have anything in perticular that you would like PM me or just bring with you. I have no problem with buying something for the collective group so just let me know if there is something special that you may want.

-Will-

Supremely Bummed...

2008 promised three early high points: The AR-15 group buy, the NES Members Independence Day Shoot and tomorrows carbine class. Sadly, I will not be able to attend. I started a new job on Tuesday to help make ends meet and they have scheduled me to work 10a-4p... [frown] If I had more time under my belt there, I would call in or cancel, but with less than a week under my belt, I simply cannot....

If anyone reading this wants to take my slot, please do! If you have never trained with your carbine and pistol before, it's a golden opportunity to take yourself to a whole new level. Even if you never plan to utilize your carbine/pistol tactically, it's very much like learning the joys of counter-steering a sport bike, or discovering powering through the apex of a curve in a Corvette.

I was up well into the wee hours Thursday night getting my gear ready, loading mags and polishing the piston on the Troy/SOCOM-16. I was looking forward to rattling some cages with the SOCOM tomorrow and will be thinking of you all rain training and having the time of your lives.

I hope that DM offers this class again - it's a great value to folks not only in Western Mass, but statewide. Have a blast tomorrow fellas! [cheers]

With Mark and Tele_Mark backing out I think we are down to four participants along with Will and the instructor. I just want to make sure this class is still going to happen with this number. It's almost a 2 hour ride for me to get there and I'd hate to get up that early on a Sunday morning and waste the gas for nothing.

Hopefully we are still good to go.

With Mark and Tele_Mark backing out I think we are down to four participants along with Will and the instructor. I just want to make sure this class is still going to happen with this number. It's almost a 2 hour ride for me to get there and I'd hate to get up that early on a Sunday morning and waste the gas for nothing.

Hopefully we are still good to go.

Good point. I hope the class goes on regardless.

As for Tele_Mark, if the only issue is the lack of ammo, I have some Wolf I can hook him up with. My AR chokes on Wolf so I cannot use it for the training class anyway. I sent him a PM to find out if he is interested.

Last edited:
does any one going to the class happen to have an extra sig 229 .40 mag i can borrow? and perhaps a double mag pouch? this is dicks friend thats recovering from the broken heel thanks

alex

I was talking with DM last night & the class was still on as of about 2AM; I guess there are some local guys attending as well so there should be more than 4 people there. Intellicast is saying the rain should be tapering off around noon...

The class is DEFINITELY goin g to happen. There are other people who are coming that did not sing up through NES. And Cuda444 is bring some one with him as well. The class will not be a large one but, that is fine it gives us a better student to instructor ratio. So guys dont worry we are still holding this. I sent PM's to you all with my cell number, my phone will be on from now 1835 till some time after the class when I go to bed so if you need some thing feel free to give me a call.

-DM-

Aw man... I was totally looking forward to this, and I hate to jump on this band wagon, too... but I'm out of this one as well. It's about an hour and a half drive for me and just this afternoon my buddy that was going to come came into 2 tickets for the Celtics game tomorrow afternoon... Not sure I can pass up free tickets to the playoff game.

Thanks again Will for putting in the effort to get this class together. I feel terrible not being able to capitalize on the experience. I hope all that are still going have an awesome time. I hope to see some pictures!

Last edited:
Aw man... I was totally looking forward to this, and I hate to jump on this band wagon, too... but I'm out of this one as well. It's about an hour and a half drive for me and just this afternoon my buddy that was going to come came into 2 tickets for the Celtics game tomorrow afternoon... Not sure I can pass up free tickets to the playoff game.

Thanks again Will for putting in the effort to get this class together. I feel terrible not being able to capitalize on the experience. I hope all that are still going have an awesome time. I hope to see some pictures!

Not a problem. Those tickets are probably not cheap. And its Game 7!! they need to win. If you decide to not go to the game let me know, just call my cell it will be on. There will deff be room for you.

-Will-

Back
Top Bottom