Lowell is still a shithole for licensing

I did not even notice that.

I could be wrong, but looks like he's not here these days.

What am I in "defense" of again?
You said:
Did you read the post directly above mine?
which pointed to a post that said:

Lowell is still a shithole​

period. full stop.

FIFY
You excused your claim that Lowell remains a licensing problem on the fact that someone else said they don't like the city, generally.

You seem to think that the current method of tracking "problem towns" is insufficient. So please - go, do a bunch of reading. Make some phone calls. Maybe visit a couple PDs in person, even.
Take the info you gathered, and turn it into a listicle or even an infographic.
Create a thread; explain your findings.

And try to give back.

Just as a datapoint my friend is a teacher at Lawrence HS. One of his students stole his wallet with his LTC. He lives in Chelmsford and reported the LTC stolen. He had a replacement in approximately 10 days. He thought that was too slow, I thought it was reasonable.

lol

During part of the time I lived in MA (52 years) before escaping to coastal NC in 2017, I worked in Lowell for five or six years. The company I worked for occupied the top couple floors of the Towers. I had friends who lived there, and spent quite a bit of time in and around Lowell. And while I now live in NC, we come back to MA and SoNH a couple times a year and at least pass through it on the way.

As such, I claim the right to retain and express my own opinion on Lowell and most other small New England "cities" such as Lawrence, Brockton, New Bedford, Worcester, Springfield, and similar places in NH and RI. They're densely populated shitholes with poor management/government, deficit spending, lousy services, crumbling infrastructure, lots of poorly educated minority populations happy to live off the dole, and apparently restrictive gun laws to boot. Places I would never choose to live in or near if I don't have to. Which I don't.

There IS life outside of New England.

Carry on. All generalizations are false. I am not a lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Your mileage may vary, yada yada.

Lowell is still a shithole.

They probably still have that reach-around rubby bums hide the weenie thing they do with their "special" bullshit LTC course they require that mysteriously is only
available from one or two people. Don't tell me some cop isn't getting a kickback from that deal. [rofl]

Current resident who has been paying attention to this very issue as Lowell has clearly been a problem child. Lowell had improved significantly over the last couple of years and even moreso since Bruen. Do some research. The requirements now vs say two years ago are very different.

Back
Top Bottom