Lowell, MA - Man rushed to hospital after accidentally shooting himself in the head

A

A long time ago when I was a medical student I did an "away rotation" at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. Back then if a drug deal went bad, they wouldn't try to kill you. Homies would try to castrate the offending party by shooting at their junk. People ran.... So we got a lot of people shot in the ass.

One very busy night, there was this guy who got shot in the ass.... Round entered the lateral aspect of his left butt cheek, exited the medial aspect, crossed his butt crack, entered the medial aspect of the right cheek and exited laterally..
A lot of soft tissue GSWs, if they don't hit an artery, don't require a lot of complex care...Clean em up, send em home. It was really busy so the Attending told me (4th year) and this absolutely gorgeous 3rd year to take care of him. We're standing on opposite sides of his ass. I look at her, she looks at me. . And we start giggling. Trying to control ourselves, like when you laugh inappropriately at a funeral,try to stop and you just laugh harder. He notices and starts yelling " Yo motherf***ers! You laughing at me? I just got shot! Show some respect!"..... We lost it. Uncontrollable, paralyzing laughter.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Addendum: In the OR one time with the same gorgeous medical student and her pants fell down. Surgeon yells at me to pull her pants back up ...That was excruciating.... Immensely awkward and fun at the same time.
I love a Happy Ending... [cheers] 😍 [cheers]

Lowell General Hospital is literally walking distance from the incident. I'm sure Tom Brady could throw a baseball and hit the hospital How bad is LGH that he was med flighted to Boston?

Don’t know if he survived. Head shots are bad.

If I were going to check out, I would use a shot gun. I’d go out in the woods and call 911 before I did it. I’d let them know where I was and what my plans were so nobody else had to stumble on my mess. They signed up for it. Also, head shot all the way. I don’t want to feel a thing.
There is no way to know if your brain tissue is still experiencing something after it is disincorporated. There may be times when suicide is ethically appropriate such as irreversible medical decline making life unlivable (and some state legislatures have agreed). If the Catholic church would stop lobbing against it, we would have this option in MA by now.

BUT... suicide by firearms is a bad idea. It not only makes for a messy cleanup and may not be as painless as one hopes, it also would make your final act in life one of handing a statistic to the anti-gun rights orgs to use against us, as the suicide stats don't generally differentiate between the righteous and the irrational suicide. You also need to pick the location carefully, to avoid discharging a firearm within 150ft of a roadway or 500ft of an occupied building.

Last edited:
If you are really thinking about how you would end your life if you had to.... you knew you were going to end up a vegetable, aggressive cancer, etc etc, I implore you to read the book "Final Exit" which lays out various ways to check out in states that do not have assisted suicide laws.

Do you think someone wants to take your body out of a car after you have spattered your grey matter all over the headliner.
No first responder or clean up crew gets paid enough money to have to walk in on a call like that.

If a loved one finds you like that it will traumatize them for life.
If you do it in the house it will screw them up even more.

Pills, alcohol, a helium tank from the party supply store, a plastic bag and bungee cord.....

A friend of mine lit a couple of hibachis in his bath tub, sealed up the bathroom door, and went off to sleep....

If you want a long miserable death drink good old fashioned Ethylene Glycol anti freeze, just don't mix it with alcohol... alcohol is the cure for EG Poisoning... it will take about 3 days to die, but you'll be dead.

If you want a long miserable death drink good old fashioned Ethylene Glycol anti freeze, just don't mix it with alcohol... alcohol is the cure for EG Poisoning... it will take about 3 days to die, but you'll be dead.
Strategically bad, since you may survive and will likely end up with a lifetime of health problems like kidney failure.

Of course, we're talking rational suicides (like advanced ALS, etc.) where the intent to die is made with a clear head and commitment to the end result, not methods that scream help or are ineffective.

We're standing on opposite sides of his ass. I look at her, she looks at me. . And we start giggling. Trying to control ourselves, like when you laugh inappropriately at a funeral,try to stop and you just laugh harder. He notices and starts yelling " Yo motherf***ers! You laughing at me? I just got shot! Show some respect!"..... We lost it. Uncontrollable, paralyzing laughter.

I can imagine some moments in the ER when it's hard not to laugh.
Such as when someone comes in with some foreign object stuck inside their rectum.

"is that a GI Joe with the Kung-Fu Grip ?"

Plutzing copy.gif

9e4.gif

This is what they are teaching young boys now in school.

My nurse friends tell me horrible things they see in the office and ER ever since the schools went Woke.

Self pleasuring with squids and beef.

Girls and boys encouraged to use veggies since they are too young to go to a sex shop.

In this day and age I guess the schools should be teaching about Flares.

One kid impaled himself on a Big Kong.

Something is wrong in our society to encourage kids that young to do this.

I think they are being groomed by the teachers.

Lowell General Hospital is literally walking distance from the incident. I'm sure Tom Brady could throw a baseball and hit the hospital How bad is LGH that he was med flighted to Boston?
That is odd. They have a trauma center and the pad is just off the cancer center parking lot.
Must have been one hellofa wound to fly to Boston but the paramedics make that call.

My nurse friends tell me horrible things they see in the office and ER ever since the schools went Woke.

Girls and boys encouraged to use veggies since they are too young to go to a sex shop.

I heard Disney is taking the groomers on another field trip. Filming on Norwood common and in some houses very soon.

A

A long time ago when I was a medical student I did an "away rotation" at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. Back then if a drug deal went bad, they wouldn't try to kill you. Homies would try to castrate the offending party by shooting at their junk. People ran.... So we got a lot of people shot in the ass.

One very busy night, there was this guy who got shot in the ass.... Round entered the lateral aspect of his left butt cheek, exited the medial aspect, crossed his butt crack, entered the medial aspect of the right cheek and exited laterally..
A lot of soft tissue GSWs, if they don't hit an artery, don't require a lot of complex care...Clean em up, send em home. It was really busy so the Attending told me (4th year) and this absolutely gorgeous 3rd year to take care of him. We're standing on opposite sides of his ass. I look at her, she looks at me. . And we start giggling. Trying to control ourselves, like when you laugh inappropriately at a funeral,try to stop and you just laugh harder. He notices and starts yelling " Yo motherf***ers! You laughing at me? I just got shot! Show some respect!"..... We lost it. Uncontrollable, paralyzing laughter.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Addendum: In the OR one time with the same gorgeous medical student and her pants fell down. Surgeon yells at me to pull her pants back up ...That was excruciating.... Immensely awkward and fun at the same time.

Ummmm.., thread drift… we want to hear more about that… 🤯

Circumstances? 🤐

Thong? Lace? What does a 3rd year wear under scrubs while in the OR? 🤤

🤔

Or commando?... 😄
[pics]

Oh Reptile……
Me thinks you were groomed for N.E.S.
[popcorn]

Have they added Portnoy's Complaint to the reading list?

When I was in 9th grade (70's) a friend hung himself in the family's bathroom. The nature of the times was such that a good Catholic family would rather people assume their kid offed himself deliberately rather than via autoerotic asphyxiation (which I believe is the most likely cause of his demise). Who knows - he may still be alive if the taboos of the time had not prevented sex ed from going beyond the banana condom demonstration and included info on the risk of this practice. (also referred to as the "Carradine Effect").

Last edited:
Have they added Portnoy's Complaint to the reading list?

When I was in 9th grade (70's) a friend hung himself in the family's bathroom. The nature of the times was such that a good Catholic family would rather people assume their kid offed himself deliberately rather than via autoerotic asphyxiation (which I believe is the most likely cause of his demise). Who knows - he may still be alive if the taboos of the time prevented sex ed from going beyond the banana condom demonstration and included info on the risk of this practice. (also referred to as the "Carradine Effect").
That happened to a kid on my friends college dorm floor.
Awful smell for a while and they found him hanging nude in the closet.

We had sex ed at my school. They probably figured that kids would be having sex no matter what so they went into extreme detail on how it all works and how to avoid pregnancy. I became the class expert on STD's and I am SO thankful on all that knowledge. Without the fear of Herpes, I could have caught it or other things. We also learned in health class the effects of drinking and drugs which I was always fascinated.

I'm not certain that auto erotic exfixiation warning is school would actually encourage kids to try it. I guess some kids might try it.

This knowledge is a Catch 22.

Circling back on guns...

I DO wish they could have at least taught us the 4 gun safety rules. I handled a friends 22 handgun one time and I'm so glad that was all I did because being so ignorant could have killed me. I didn't take a NRA safety class until I was about 24 years old. As a 14 year old nobody taught safe gun handling.

I still imagine a laser pointing out the muzzle of every gun I handle now and keep my finder outside of the trigger guard.

(Unless they fire from an open bolt; but let that go).

I thought I told that to our youngest nieces and nephew
in my 90 second Eddie Eagle lecture. Except for
the open bolt part.

Our younger nephew is such an Operating Nerf AR-15 Operator
that I wouldn't be surprised if he told me about the open bolt action exception.

Back
Top Bottom