Lower parts question

Hi

I just got my LTC and bought a pre ban Colt A2 that I think was made in the 1980's. I replaced the buffer, buffer spring, gas rings, extractor, and other odd springs with new Aero parts because they're probably older than me.[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

My Colt is fairly great condition maybe un-fired. Was it worth it and are these parts less reliable than the old Colt parts?

That's the million dollar question. The original colt parts may have been better than the new ones.
Only real way would be to fire it with both set ups and see if you notice a difference.

And "worth it".. Is really up to you and your wallet. Guessing you paid between $2200-2900?

Just start going to the range with it and fairly quickly you'll forget about the money you spent. .

Was it worth it to replace the springs and small parts? No it wasn’t worth it. And the original parts may be better than the new ones. But probably not measurably better. It doesn’t really matter though because now you have back up parts. Which is a good thing.

You didn’t throw the original parts out, did you?

Hi

I just got my LTC and bought a pre ban Colt A2 that I think was made in the 1980's. I replaced the buffer, buffer spring, gas rings, extractor, and other odd springs with new Aero parts because they're probably older than me.[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

My Colt is fairly great condition maybe un-fired. Was it worth it and are these parts less reliable than the old Colt parts?
If you kept the old parts , yup worth it you need spare spare parts anyway and now you have original colt parts. Those cost more. Wear out the replacements .... I dare you

I often say to younger gun owners why do you want your grand fathers rifle when someone buys a preban AR it takes them a while.

If you kept the old parts , yup worth it you need spare spare parts anyway and now you have original colt parts. Those cost more. Wear out the replacements .... I dare you

I often say to younger gun owners why do you want your grand fathers rifle when someone buys a preban AR it takes them a while.
Thank you, just tryna stay safe

Last edited:
Thank you, just tryna stay on the right side of the law!
[iwojima]
It's MA. when it comes to firearms there is no right side of the law. Your a felon in the making just for owning a gun.

If I dropped pre-ban money on an original Colt, I'd worry that my changes were lowering its value. Post-ban rifles are cheaper and allowed. If your in MA then read the laws yourself. Fixed mag lowers are like Depends,.. they are for pant shitters. The good news is it's your rifle, and your making it your own. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom