LTC-A carrying pre-ban mags question

Can the NES ma**h***s settle this once and for all? Friend's little brother just got his shiny new LTC-A "LARGE capacity" and wants to know if he can start carrying the holy grail pistol in MA - a Glock 19 Gen 5 but with preban mags so he gets to have 15+1 like the thin blue line boys do. Somehow this kid got his hands on a preban square notch low number mag in pristine condition and a couple U notches as well. Here's the twist to the uncertainty - do we need to prove we "owned" the prebans since before 1994 or does it just have to be in MA before then? That would be a problem considering this kid is way younger than the mag. How could he have owned the preban if he was born in 1999? Inb4 'your second amendment says you get to do anything you want with guns'. Thanks yall

This has been settled- a few times. Nevertheless I’m bored waiting for dinner to be ready so here it goes.

Friend's little brother just got his shiny new LTC-A "LARGE capacity" and wants to know if he can start carrying the holy grail pistol in MA - a Glock 19 Gen 5 but with preban mags so he gets to have 15+1 like the thin blue line boys do.

Yes.

do we need to prove we "owned" the prebans since before 1994 or does it just have to be in MA before then?

Neither. Pre 1994 mag. That’s it. From Texas, NH, Israel, anywhere.

Hi Maura.

Edit: ok, use the search feature. Several senior members have posted about this..
Maura, really? I did try to search I'm just a retard about it and couldn't find what I was looking for. The answers I found related to preban mags were all about 'can I insert a preban mag in a postban AR' kinda shit, nothing to do with a new LTC kid being younger than the mag itself lol. Good to know, everyone. I'll tell the little squeaker he gets to load up 15+1 no problem.

Also isn't the burden of proof on the state? And how would they prove it was pre ban or not?
I think the question was whether or not the mag itself had to be 'in MA' before 1994, like the ARs we have now had to be in MA before the Heelie-Thing and registered. If the kid is younger than 1994, it wouldn't have worked. The kid has nothing to worry about. Low mark square notch, hope he didn't pay $350 for it.

he can carry them, matters not that they came from the moon or mars, as long as they are pre the magic date in 1994

If he gets jammed up, you can bet they are going to charge him anyway and his lawyers will have to defend him, and the prosecutor will have to do something nobody has gone on record doing... prove what is a Glock pre ban and what is not with 100% absolute accuracy.

Nobody including Glock will go on record and say what is pre and post ban WRT older magazines.

There ARE indicators if you know what to look for

Can the NES ma**h***s settle this once and for all? Friend's little brother just got his shiny new LTC-A "LARGE capacity" and wants to know if he can start carrying the holy grail pistol in MA - a Glock 19 Gen 5 but with preban mags so he gets to have 15+1 like the thin blue line boys do. Somehow this kid got his hands on a preban square notch low number mag in pristine condition and a couple U notches as well. Here's the twist to the uncertainty - do we need to prove we "owned" the prebans since before 1994 or does it just have to be in MA before then? That would be a problem considering this kid is way younger than the mag. How could he have owned the preban if he was born in 1999? Inb4 'your second amendment says you get to do anything you want with guns'. Thanks yall
Warm opening. I just love being called a Ma**h*** when someone is asking me for advice. Lol

doesnt matter what the mags are.
if he gets jammed up by a cop:
cop will question it and take them... or
cop will arrest and let the court decide.
I'd keep them for range day, out of state use, or shtf. not edc... that's just me

Now tell this kid to get some professional training on the carry rig. And a class including the law and self defense

I did try to search I'm just a retard about it and couldn't find what I was looking for.
You are aware that there's a forum section dedicated to MA law, right?

Tons of discussion on this topic here:

He will be fine. The whole point the way I see it is to just make these mags less attainable and priced out of peoples budgets more so as a way to stick it to us law abiding citizens and to limit our freedoms. The whole point of the pre ban mag is that’s it’s made before 1994 and you are allowed to own it and carry it. You just need to source it and pay for it. It’s on the court/prosecutors to prove it’s illegal vs you proving it’s legal but this is MA and it’s a communist shithole so it’s gonna cost you a lot of money either way if you have to use your weapon for defense. I’d rather have my pre bans and have usually 50% more capacity and have a much better chance of breaking contact from the situation. The whole point is not to die. I’d rather not die with more bullets and then spend my money to my fancy lawyer to navigate the dumb laws of this dumb state to keep me free.

Friend's little brother just got his shiny new LTC-A "LARGE capacity" and wants to know if he can start carrying the holy grail pistol in MA - a Glock 19 Gen 5 but with preban mags so he gets to have 15+1 like the thin blue line boys do.

The LTC-A thing is no more. I call Bullshit.

doesnt matter what the mags are.
if he gets jammed up by a cop:
cop will question it and take them... or
cop will arrest and let the court decide.
I'd keep them for range day, out of state use, or shtf. not edc... that's just me
Lately....I think this is pretty much it.
If you never interact with a cop....you can carry pre or post ban mags all day long without issue.

Any interaction will be a roll of the dice......

Very few cops know the actual law.....and you get the following result

A) Cop sees LTC - A and say's your good to go with any std cap mag.
B) Cop sees LTC - A and pre ban std cap mag and says your good to go.
C) Cop sees LTC - A and any std cap mag and your arrested and jailed for a felony.
D) Cop sees LTC - A and preban std cap mag and your arrested and jailed for a felony.
E) Cop sees LTC - A hi fives you, and doesn't look at mag or gun and your good to go.
F) Cop sees LTC -A is scared of guns, pulls you out of car, goes up your ass with a microscope and certainly you are arrested for having a glock, non compliant pistol, standard cap mag...etc, etc.

This is really what it boils down to, and its all about misinformation and fear. And it works.......

This (False Flag) question should only be addressed in the NES members only section [smile]

The easily applied "Ignore" option works really well !!!

Last edited:
Hi Maura, everyone on NES is a law-abiding citizen so we wound never carry pistols with hi-cap magazines, even pre-bans. We realize the dangers of having more than 10 rounds in one magazine. I suppose that's why most of us carry revolvers. Hi-cap magazines are best left to criminals and those who wish to take out as many people as they can without reloading. Maura, if you should decide to run for governor, you have our full support. [puke]

F) Cop sees LTC -A is scared of guns, pulls you out of car, goes up your ass with a microscope and certainly you are arrested for having a glock, non compliant pistol, standard cap mag...etc, etc.
I wonder how many cops even know that the roster exists, never mind the fact that Glocks are on it but Maura has sand in her vag about them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom