LTC Declined

Chief can't issue to a PP, ...
Sure they can -
they do it all the time.

Plenty of guys get denied for being PP's on renewal,
even when the disqualifying offense predates the original LTC.

They didn't mention the old disqualification the first time around,
and then the vintage courthouse records get digitized,
and the renewal checkup fails.

tumblr_ore75xT6FP1ultu3qo1_400.gif

Plus, Falmouth PD (for one) even has a form letter stating that
just because we gave you an FID
doesn't mean you're allowed to use it

Hitler? Come on man...

My friend was denied his LTC recently in one of the greenest towns in the state. First is his letter to the chief asking why he was denied, Second, the chiefs reply.

Re: Hello My name is Abraham Lincoln. I’m writing you in regards to the letter of denial I received in the mail . When I took my safety coarse I asked Officer Oppression about the OUI I had over 20 years ago and he told me if I never had to serve time for the offence that I should be ok to obtain my ltc . Do you have any advise on what I might do at this time . I am enclosing a copy of the letter I received . Thank you

Dear Mr. Lincoln:
The O.U.I. on your C.O.R.I report is not why I denied your LTC Application. I denied your application due to a guilty finding on your record for the crime of Malicious Destruction of Property. I will tell you that the guilty conviction for Malicious Destruction of Property was not discernable as to whether or not it was for destruction of property that was valued over or under $250.00. Malicious Destruction of Property over $250.00 is a felony in Massachusetts and the law does not provide me the authority to disregard the statute and issue you an LTC. If you can prove that your guilty finding for Malicious Destruction of Property was for property valued under $250.00, then I can issue you a Class A LTC. We tried to get the old records from the court and from the police department that charged you but we could not acquire the court record or case file, due to the age of the record, so if you have the needed documentation, then you should submit a copy of that documentation to me for my review. Otherwise, I would contact an attorney to assist you with resolving this matter with the court and/or the firearms records bureau.

Sincerely,
Hitler
Chief of Police
Police Departmentof the Waffen SS

Can they seriously deny you for something they don't even have record of!?!?

How much is this goin to cost to fix? Are there any steps he can take besides hiring a lawyer.

This friend of mine is like a dad to me, so i'd really like to be able to share this hobby with him. Any help is appreciate? Thanks to all who respond.

Sure they can -
they do it all the time.

Plenty of guys get denied for being PP's on renewal,
even when the disqualifying offense predates the original LTC.

They didn't mention the old disqualification the first time around,
and then the vintage courthouse records get digitized,
and the renewal checkup fails.

tumblr_ore75xT6FP1ultu3qo1_400.gif

Plus, Falmouth PD (for one) even has a form letter stating that
just because we gave you an FID
doesn't mean you're allowed to use it

Necropost is necroposty.

Back
Top Bottom