• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC fee

Quick question. I renewed my LTC Class A last Sept. and the check has not been cashed as of yet. I did get my new LTC. Does the state of Mass. waive the fee if your a retired and/or disabled person? Thanks.

Quick question. I renewed my LTC Class A last Sept. and the check has not been cashed as of yet. I did get my new LTC. Does the state of Mass. waive the fee if your a retired and/or disabled person? Thanks.

Applicant must comply with all State requirements for the License they are applying for.

Fill out the application completely and return it to the Police Department with the following:

1. A check made payable to the Town of _______for $100.00, if applicant is over the age of 70 and renewing a Firearms Permit the fee is waived.
2. For renewals a copy of your current permit. For first time applications a copy of certificate that you have passed an approved handgun safety course for class A&B, or a hunter’s safety course for class C Permits.
3. All Photographs and finger prints will be done at the Police Station.
4. After dropping off a completed application, you will be called for an appointment to have your photos and finger prints done.

even better....

As long as you have received your new LTC that is the important thing. Some departments are "Lazy when it comes to funds". I know some collect all the fees and deposit them monthly. so if you dropped off your check at the beginning of the month you may not see it clear for up to 35 days... If we ran our lives like the government runs theirs...we would be broke and possibly in jail..

keep the $100 out of your mind for another two months and if they still haven't cashed it buy a new toy.... preferably one that goes bang bang.

7 months ago

It was 7 months ago, i would add $100 back into your checkbook but
carry the check as an outstanding check, if it gets deposited, subtract
$100.

JimB

Still waiting on my LTC but did the finger printing and interview 2 weeks ago and i gave then the check 2 weeks before that. Took them almost 2 weeks after my application was handed in to call me for a interview, but as of yet they have not cashed my check.

I gave my town the check on Dec.03/06 they cashed it Mar 29/07 and then I picked up my permit April 5/07 one day before the ninety day grace period was up.

ya i counted from the date i put on my check in my checkbook. it was 11 days after that i went in. Even knowing yes it has to be done within 7 days do you really want to call them up and remind them of it!!! i sure the hell didn't being a 21 year old guy going for his LTCA. if it was more then that i would of called and ask what was up. Of course it doesnt hurt that on of there dispatchers thats going to become a cop is one of your drinking buddies!!!!

Back
Top Bottom