• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC in Brighton

MaverickNH

NES Member
A co-worker of mine, a young woman who takes the subway and bus from her home in Brighton to South Boston to work, has an interest in obtaining a LTC. She says she grew up down South around guns, and might want a handgun for SD.

As I'm from NH, I'd appreciate advice to pass on regarding:

1. Good local training for such a young woman
2. Whether Brighton is likley to issue an LTC for All Purposes

Thanks.

Plenty of good training in the area, problem is that Boston won't issue her a LTC that is unrestricted (allow her to CCW) unless she is extremely well connected politically.

For Brighton you go to Boston PD HQ in Roxbury to apply. They'll give you a LTC A restricted without hassle (other than the wait, and the list of documents, and the range test) but good luck getting a personal protection license. I currently live in Brighton and its a sucky place to be a firearms owner.

I guess she's SOL. Her husband appears to have all sorts of Black Belts, from what she says, but she hasn't even taken a womens' self-defense seminar.

I would advise her myself, but pause regarding the husband's reaction - one of those multiple Black Belt types. I've had the same school for 20+ years and same instructor for 15+ years, so can't communicate well with those who do the accelerated Black Belt special and then move on for the next one.

Sometimes people just have to learn to help themselves. Hopefully not after a hard lesson.

Back
Top Bottom