• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Options

I live in Bridgewater MA, and applied for my ltc on July 22nd. It has been over 14 weeks and I still haven't gotten contacted for interview/fingerprinting. Is this normal, as I've heard there is a 8-12 week wait after fingerprints are sent to state. I've emailed licensing officer and left voicemails with no reply. Do I have any options? I really don't want to anger the licensing officer, just want him to do his job.
Friends from surrounding towns, whom applied after me, already have thier licenses. Very frustrating!

Looks like Bridgewater was a "red" town until recently. They might just want to make it hard for you.

Do you know a selectman? (or City Councilman if thats what you have in Bridgewater) They might reach out for you.

You should probably also contact Comm2A just to let them know the deal. IMHO 14 weeks to just get an interview/fingerprinting is a bit much.

Looks like Bridgewater was a "red" town until recently. They might just want to make it hard for you.

Do you know a selectman? (or City Councilman if thats what you have in Bridgewater) They might reach out for you.

You should probably also contact Comm2A just to let them know the deal. IMHO 14 weeks to just get an interview/fingerprinting is a bit much.

Instead of going nuclear, I'd suggest stopping by the PO in person and seeing if they have a status. THEN, if necessary, do some of the above if needed.

I am in a neighboring town - in took 16 weeks to come in. There is one guy who handles it among all the other shit he has to do.

I figure he waits until the stack is so big it is falling off the desk, then decides to clean em up.

Good luck.

I live in Bridgewater MA, and applied for my ltc on July 22nd. It has been over 14 weeks and I still haven't gotten contacted for interview/fingerprinting. Is this normal, as I've heard there is a 8-12 week wait after fingerprints are sent to state. I've emailed licensing officer and left voicemails with no reply. Do I have any options? I really don't want to anger the licensing officer, just want him to do his job.
Friends from surrounding towns, whom applied after me, already have thier licenses. Very frustrating!

It's been several years now for me, but I still recall all too well how slowly every single FN day passes while they make you wait.

It sucks waiting but be patient. My wife and I both got our LTCs in Bridgewater a few years ago and it took just about four months (122 days to be exact!). Not sure where the hold up was but I don't fault the licensing officer as he was a very decent guy.

Definitely stop by. They may have particular days they are available or a civilian employee grinding the process down. The other option go to the police website. Email licensing asking to see if they need anything further for the app. If there's a paper trail he may be unable to duck you as there is doccumentation.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

noting beats face to face. studies show it's easier to lie and procrastinate via the phone than it is when you're looking someone in the eye.

I recently got my (Restricted) Bridgewater LTC. It did take quite a while. Sgt. Irving is our licensing officer, he's a good dude. If you're worried your stuff got lost I doubt he'd mind you checking in.

You got restricted on a RIGHT !! He is not a good dude.

Oxymoron alert.

LOL. Be nice. [rofl]

14 weeks from dropping off the form to getting an appointment to do fingerprinting???? Yikes! That seems excessive no matter what. I guess I've been lucky in Taunton. Exercising my rights isn't as much of a nuisance.

Go talk with them. Then see what can be done. Fourteen weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You have what? 60 or 90 days to schedule a appeal.
And doesn't GOAL say if you don't receive your LTC after 40 days you can assume your denied and go to court?

You have what? 60 or 90 days to schedule a appeal.
And doesn't GOAL say if you don't receive your LTC after 40 days you can assume your denied and go to court?

I don't think the clock on those starts until the application is in the system. The application hasn't even been entered into the system yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call and check in on it the first time I applied I waited 3 months called in and they said o we lost your application

Bridgewater's LO does not make the decisions regarding restrictions, to my knowledge. That falls to the Chief from what I'm told. Restrictions are a bitch, but I'm not going to blame a guy for something he may not have had a say in.

So you think the chief of police, the highest ranked officer in that particular station, sits in his office, going thru all those LTC apps, deciding the restrictions on licenses for people he has not met or interviewed in person ?

So you think the chief of police, the highest ranked officer in that particular station, sits in his office, going thru all those LTC apps, deciding the restrictions on licenses for people he has not met or interviewed in person ?

he doesnt have to go through al the applications. He can just as easily make policy saying "give the person restrictions unless they mention X, Y or Z n the application or interview".

- - - Updated - - -

Oxymoron alert.

far too early to be calling an officer "not a good dude", unless you know something about who sets policy at that department that we dont....

I'm not sure where you are in the process or if this will even help at all but if you own a business you may, by law, apply in the town where the business is located.

far too early to be calling an officer "not a good dude", unless you know something about who sets policy at that department that we dont....

Yes I agree, It's far too early for the OP.

I'm assuming you didn't read the whole thread, those statement aren't related.

My wife waited less than 3 weeks from when she filled out the application to when she got interviewed/printed. What took longer was the fact that our town requires 2 letters of recommendation. She waited two weeks between when we picked up the app and she finally got letters from the two people.
Clock is ticking, I'm hoping she gets it before inauguration day.

Back
Top Bottom