• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC, process in New Bedford ,MA

Just wanted to give people a run down on the process for me. Took me about a week to get someone in the firearm division to pick up the phone called about 4 times a day to schedule my appointment. Sept 9th is when I received my date and Dec 28th was the appointment.

The application still says a letter to the police chief is required if your requesting an “all lawful purposes “ license, but that is incorrect. He didn’t even look at the letter I wrote, or my reference letter work supplied.

The process lasted about 30 min. Entering everything into the computer making small talk along the way. Pretty laid back guy. No “why do you want a firearm “ questions.

He said should be a 6 week on the fast side to 9 week on the longer side of a wait and if I didn’t hear anything in 9 weeks to call. They did it as a renewal from 1995 so hopefully that speeds up the process but I doubt it.

So if your thinking about taken the safety course I would call now! Instead of waiting to take the class and then calling. Bring the original certificate for the course they want to see it. Luckily, I brought the original along with the copies. Passport they didn’t care about just a utility in my name. DD-214 even though it isn’t required I figured it might look good. Nope didn’t get entered we just talked shop for a little. Oh don’t forget the 100.00 fee in a check or money order form.

That pretty much sums it up. Already have a virtual shopping cart filled with range / shooting gear and a laundry list of pistols looking to try out before I make my first purchase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom