• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ludwig Wilhelm Seecamp

What cool engraving.

L. W. Seecamp Co. was started as a pistol smithing company in 1973 By Ludwig (Louis) Wilhelm Seecamp who trained as a master gunsmith in pre-World War II Germany. Seecamp immigrated to the US in 1959 and was a gun designer for shotgun maker O.F. Mossberg. He also specialized in double-action conversions for the 1911 Colt .45. At the time, there were no commercially available double-action 1911 pistols anywhere in the world.
In 1978, Seecamp specialized in the miniaturization of pistols. The Seecamp patented spring system is currently used in almost every locked breech miniaturized semi-auto pistol.

In 1981 Seecamp ventured into firearms manufacturing, beginning with the LWS-25.

The elder Seecamp died in 1989. His son, Larry, kept the company going in a small shop. He only had about seven employees at his height. Until the acquisition by Whalley in 2019, all guns were handmade one at a time in the old-world fashion.

I was able to buy a Seecamp in .32 in April of this year. It was a fair price for the slightly rough condition it was in. The story goes that it lived in the bottom of a gentleman's tacklebox for years. The left side of the slide has some deep pitting which would lead me to believe it to be true. I've polished it up quickly, and it has improved the appearance however I'm sure it would clean up more. There are a few spots of rust on the internals, but nothing horrible. Bore is good and it shoots as well as anything with no sights can shoot.

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7503 (1).jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to buy a Seecamp in .32 in April of this year. It was a fair price for the slightly rough condition it was in. The story goes that it lived in the bottom of a gentleman's tacklebox for years. The left side of the slide has some deep pitting which would lead me to believe it to be true. I've polished it up quickly, and it has improved the appearance however I'm sure it would clean up more. There are a few spots of rust on the internals, but nothing horrible. Bore is good and it shoots as well as anything with no sights can shoot.

View attachment 429449

View attachment 429457

View attachment 429458
All the internals can be bought on the seecamp site. I believe you can also fit a non California trigger on it.

I wish I had taken pics of the Seecamp-modified 1911 I once saw at deli ticket emporium ages ago. It was this weird hybrid DA/SA thing, I think you could even choose the mode it operated in or some shit. Those things are rare as hell.

Back
Top Bottom