• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Luger Holster Identification

smokey-seven

NES Member
I've had this forever and every once in a while I go looking online. I have never seen one listed exactly like this one.

Any assistance or questions welcome. The Luger is a DWM 1918, but we know how much that means.
I cannot find any stampings on the leather anywhere. The belt loops and top flap hold down have been restitched. Other than that, it looks original.

hol1jpg.jpg hol2.jpg hol3.jpg hol4.jpg hol5.jpg

Late world war two police holster,also used post war. Though the 1918 Luger
is really old you can't rule out it's use in that holster,because late in the war they
were using whatever they could get their hands on.

I located a late WWII issue police model, and an early one, but the flap that covers the trigger guard on this holster is covered by the top cover in one model and my trigger guard cover is stitched to the back and made to lie forward. Neither of these are. If this was a War 2 made one, I would suspect some sort of stamping on it somewhere. I am guessing that mine is an earlier version of the second pic.

I am being picky because the prices for these are all over the place.

1933 police, a different animal
33 police.jpeg

1938, closer but the trigger guard is the back of the holster and not stitched on as a separate piece.
38.jpg

Back
Top Bottom