M-1 Garand Repairs

CaptDan3

NES Member
I have two M-1 Garands that are in need of repairs ( bolts, etc) These rifles belong to a local American Legion post and are the rifles that they use for Color guard & blank firing. They have not been taken care of and as I favor I am trying to help them put them back into shape as working & blank firing rifles.

Any good M-1 gunsmiths near the Boston Area ?

Thanks,

Dan Long
Boston, MA

Just a thought, have you called CMP ? Being American Legion owned they may rehab them to working order for you for a small fee?
http://www.tripleaguns.com/ I have not been out west for a long time but AAA guns always had a bunch of military surplus stuff 20 years ago

Another vote for Harry at Noah's. He is one of the few smiths from the area that advertises in the Garand Collectors Association journal. One thing to consider, though - you won't get it back next week... or next month... or next quarter. He usually has quite a backlog.

Last edited:
I would like to know where this goes, I have a friend who has a pretty beat up garand that needs some love. I emailed CMP but no answer yet.

They are pretty bad. The AL post keeper of the guns handed me the rifle and then handed me the bolt and told me it just fell out !!!
I thought they just need a good cleaning but they need repairs and parts. The Army officially owes them and loans them to the American Legion Post.
But, I made the committment to get them working and I will.

Dan Long
Boston

You can buy Field Grade Garands for $495 from the CMP, so if the gunsmithing repairs and parts add up to more than that, keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom