M&M Reloads

Search is my friend; I was going to ask about these reloads, as I saw them at Morse's today, but was hesitant to buy them, figuring I'd be safer by spending the extra couple bucks. I'll have to go back and pick up a box then ($16/50, seems reasonable). I don't think I've seen 38special for much less.

Before I started reloading myself they were the only ones I used,other than factory stuff. I never had any problems with them and must have shot 4000 round of different calibers

I am a retired cop from Fairfield, Maine, last ten years as chief. Have used dozens of makes and brands of ammo, new and reloads. M&M is one of the best I have come across. He has 13 machines and two people who crank out thousands of rounds in various calibers. He supplies Boston PD and surrounding departments with his stuff.I have used it with excellent results. It is clean, accurate and have had no failures with my seven handguns. I don't know about the rifle ammo as I have not bought any for a while. I would not hesitate to buy it and compared to others he is inexpensive. he will also reload what you want if there is any quantity to the order.

Unless you're getting all of your components for free, I don't see where any reloader (Type 6 FFL or otherwise) can make adequate margins under $8.50 a box for 9x19. Unless you have something unique in the common calibers, you'll be hard-pressed to beat WMT "Everyday Low Prices". I suppose you could lobby Congress and get some special subsidy as you cry foul over WMT.
Even .38 Special with the least expensive bullet is marginal at $11 a box or less.

Ive had nothing but problems with the .9mm. Maybe a bad batch, or not sized right, who knows.
The spent cases would not eject, and lock my slide closed. This happened often!
Also found a bunch per 50 round box, that the cases were bulged. Not good quality control.
Still have about 500 rounds just sitting around.
Doubt I will buy from them again, for a few bucks more I'll buy factory. Not worth the problems.

I have a question: i bought some of the M&M .38 Special 158gr CPFP ammo today at the Marlborough gun show, there are a few speer silver cased rounds with the +P markings on the bottom, is this actually +P or is it just the cases have been reused for non-+P loads???

The revolver I bought them for can't handle +P so I'd be kinda bummed to find out half the box I got was useless to me. [sad]

thanks

I have a question: i bought some of the M&M .38 Special 158gr CPFP ammo today at the Marlborough gun show, there are a few speer silver cased rounds with the +P markings on the bottom, is this actually +P or is it just the cases have been reused for non-+P loads???

The revolver I bought them for can't handle +P so I'd be kinda bummed to find out half the box I got was useless to me. [sad]

thanks

I'd trust the *box*, not the individual headstamps. It would be nearly criminally negligent to put just a few +P cartridges in a box labeled as standard .38 SPL.

milktree is correct. I have bought many boxes of different ammo from M&M and it is pretty good quality. They use reused cases with multiple headstamps (including +P), but they will all be what the box is marked to be. I once had 20+ different headstamps in a box (50) of of .38 Spec. wadcutters.

I tried it, liked it so I bought a case. 9mm and I have been using it for competition. I got the copper plated because of our range rules and it has been great. I case gauged it before use and only had 2 out of 200 that were iffy. I used those 2 for practice with no problem. I havent had a missfire yet in competition.
I just bought 100 rounds of 45 and will try it out this week.

resurrecting an old one. picked up some 8mm Nambu and 6.5jap ammo made by M&M this weekend at a gun show. $30 a box. I have dies for 6.5 and should get them for 8mm, but need brass to be able to shoot and reload. I thought it was a pretty good price as the last time I was able to find 6.5 it was $45 a box for precision cartridge co. at a local older/classic firearms type gun shop.

as I read through this thread, I am amazed to see the prices of boxes of ammo listed 10+ years ago. We truly are in the salad days friends. anyone who hasn't taken advantage and the opportunity to stock up on reasonably priced ammo will be sorry. I am reading good things about M&M and how they were cheaper than factory ammo a decade ago. But today factory ammo seems to be lower than what M&M charged for normal high volume run calibers a decade ago. Not saying their product isn't worth it,(especially because I've not seen a new price list), I am rather just pointing out that factory ammo prices are really good right now. Shooters with any disposable income left in their budget would be wise to stock up now on ammo they shoot regularly. prices today are cheap, especially looking at where they were. just with inflation one would think prices would be above where they are now.

happy and safe shooting everyone. can't wait to try this 8mm M&M in my Nambu. have only shot it once before, a half box of ammo came with it when I bought it. cheers

resurrecting an old one. picked up some 8mm Nambu and 6.5jap ammo made by M&M this weekend at a gun show. $30 a box. I have dies for 6.5 and should get them for 8mm, but need brass to be able to shoot and reload. I thought it was a pretty good price as the last time I was able to find 6.5 it was $45 a box for precision cartridge co. at a local older/classic firearms type gun shop.

as I read through this thread, I am amazed to see the prices of boxes of ammo listed 10+ years ago. We truly are in the salad days friends. anyone who hasn't taken advantage and the opportunity to stock up on reasonably priced ammo will be sorry. I am reading good things about M&M and how they were cheaper than factory ammo a decade ago. But today factory ammo seems to be lower than what M&M charged for normal high volume run calibers a decade ago. Not saying their product isn't worth it,(especially because I've not seen a new price list), I am rather just pointing out that factory ammo prices are really good right now. Shooters with any disposable income left in their budget would be wise to stock up now on ammo they shoot regularly. prices today are cheap, especially looking at where they were. just with inflation one would think prices would be above where they are now.

happy and safe shooting everyone. can't wait to try this 8mm M&M in my Nambu. have only shot it once before, a half box of ammo came with it when I bought it. cheers
Could always buy new PPU 6.5 jap brass for roughly 55 cents shipped? But I realize it’s fun to shoot factory ammo first then keep the brass.

"413dan", don't overlook TSUSA. They seem to have about the best prices around and cases ship free.
With manufacturers like Prvi Partizan and Fiocchi, you should be able to find 6.5x50 Japanese and 8mm Nambu. I don't see either listed currently, but I thought they used to have the PPU ammo for $15 a box...?
Like "andrew1220" says, get the Prvi bag of brass, if all else fails. 6.5mm bullets are easy to come by. Try Norman in NM for economical coated bullets.
I reload the 6.5x50mm, but don't shoot it. I have a bag of PPU brass, that looks like it won't get used anytime soon, but you'd do just as well to buy from Midway or whoever.
As for 8mm Nambu, it looks like tougher sledding. I don't see it listed on the Fiocchi website anymore, so forget them. Steinel has it, but it isn't cheap. Gunbroker and others are likely to be your source.

With obscure calibers, you simply have to forget about Walmart 115g FMJ 9mm pricing. Even Walmart prices are now history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom