• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

Judy and Peter are the most personable. They have helped me with minor gunsmithing issues on my pistols and mags that I didn't purchase from them. No charge. The more often I went in, the fiendlier they were. The ammo is priced a little high. The pistol prices could be better. I have only bought one pistol there that I thought was reasonably priced.

I stopped in recently. Friendly folks who were nice enough to show me whatever I liked. Got to look at the new S&W E-series 1911. Lots of target 22 pistols, big-bore 500's, rifles, etc. Good selection of ammo as well.

Went in the other day with a friend to look at the new SW E series and the PM9. The two people behind the counter didn't even bother to look up, much less greet us. Few minutes later the woman finally looks up and asks if we need anything.

We are both turning 21 (and getting our LTCs) in the coming month, and look that young, but that is still no way to treat two new customers.

Prices were OK. They did have a stripped AR lower there for $120, though. Not sure what brand.

only been in once with a friend to pick up some 7.62x54r and they had it in stock seemed like good people

Met an NES member there to do a transfer a few weeks ago. Very nice shop, actually quite large inside. Lots of long guns and handguns displayed. Judy was very pleasant and helpful. The only negative was finding a parking space on the street, but I can't fault the shop for that.

I wouldn't hesitate to shop there again.

I've had two transfers and one purchase at M&M. The store and people are nice. Their transfer fee is quite low and all paperwork has been effortless.

Good selection, good prices. Bought my new SR9 there at $419. Helpful staff, friendly, but not pushy.
I usually go the Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth (close to me). M&M way better on the friendliness side.

[shocked]WOW... well as far as first impressions go the shop is a good size and right on main street...... that's where my positive comments about this place ends. I stopped in yesterday because I was in the area and asked if they had the S&W M&P Sport AR 15 rifle. I was handed the rifle off the rack and I handled it for a second sine I had held it a few times in the past. I then looked at the price tag and talk about STICKER SHOCK [shocked]. They were $100 more then then the 3 other places that I usually purchase my guns.

I figure that this must be one of those shops that if you are informed and know what the going rate is you can ask them to haggle. My exact wording was as follows, "Wow, $730.... is there any wiggle room in that price?" I was told "Yeah, we can go up!" I'm a fan of sarcasm but I then stated that they were a hundred dollars over almost every other shop and gave them the two websites to check. One of the two guys was sitting at the computer the entire time I was in the shop. I was figuring that he was checking the price of the other shops however neither one spoke another word to me . Not a sorry, it's an in demand gun and we can't reduce it. not a so are you still interested in the rifle, not a single word. The grey haired guy sat at the computer and the skinny balding guy just walked away and went farther down the counter away from me stacking papers and organizing the counter....[rolleyes]

Well me and the $4000 in my pocket walked out the door. I am not just looking for the m&p sport but also looking to stock up on pre-ban AR magazines and get a 420 round ammo can full of 5.56. So after not hearing another word and looking at two guys trying to look busy in a shop that was empty I walked out. I thought my experience at the gun room was bad but this takes the cake.

Did they have those M855 Green Tip 420rd cans in stock? and If so how much were they?

They are putting together 1,000 round cans themselves. They bought a 12,500 round short drum and have been parting it out. If I am remembering right they are at $399 per K. A bit high but they have it. I looked in the drum today and they are selling the shit out of it, its almost empty and its not quite a month old.

They are putting together 1,000 round cans themselves. They bought a 12,500 round short drum and have been parting it out. If I am remembering right they are at $399 per K. A bit high but they have it. I looked in the drum today and they are selling the shit out of it, its almost empty and its not quite a month old.

Ahh, thank you for the info. I am looking for those 420 M855 on stripper clips in the sealed cans.

I made my first stop into this place today and I was very impressed with their selection.
Tons of AR's and other EBR's in various flavors, many new models of S&W, Ruger and Charter revolvers in stock, also several M41's, 1911's and Glocks to choose from.
I didn't buy anything from them today because I was there meeting another member to do a transfer.
BTW, they only charge $20 for this service, many other shops are getting $30-$40.
It's a long drive for me, but I will stop in again when I'm in the neighborhood.

Great shop, with lots of selection, I have purchased 3 handguns that were cheaper at Plimoth Bay than anywhere else on the south shore. Always do my shopping here no pressuring into sales

Judy has always been extremely helpful. For the most part, I am willing to pay a few bucks more driving six minutes down the road than an hour to four seasons for ammo. The few bucks saved is quickly voided after burning the fuel to get to four seasons.

My thoughts exactly....[thumbsup]

I have bought 3 guns from these guys and have had great experiences. All paperwork is effortless and to answer the questions of the owners seeming annoyed. This shop is located in the main tourist district of Plymouth, so these folks deal with unlicensed window shoppers on a daily basis. If you show genuine interest and knowledge they open up very quickly and are always glad to show you a gun and answer questions.

-Max

I have bought 3 guns from these guys and have had great experiences. All paperwork is effortless and to answer the questions of the owners seeming annoyed. This shop is located in the main tourist district of Plymouth, so these folks deal with unlicensed window shoppers on a daily basis. If you show genuine interest and knowledge they open up very quickly and are always glad to show you a gun and answer questions.

-Max

I try and get in there 2 or 3 times a month and I gotta say with the small amount of time I spend in there the number of idiots and obnoxious people that stop in is astounding. And yet everyone who works there takes the time to answer everyone's questions and from what I've seen be respectful and polite even to the ones that don't deserve it.

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

I try and get in there 2 or 3 times a month and I gotta say with the small amount of time I spend in there the number of idiots and obnoxious people that stop in is astounding. And yet everyone who works there takes the time to answer everyone's questions and from what I've seen be respectful and polite even to the ones that don't deserve it.

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

Yes exactly my point. And with only 3 people on the payroll its a lot of work for these guys. They don't budge on there prices, but they are low enough that I dont mind not having to travel to Four Seasons or any other deli counter like shop.

Plymouth Bay Outfitters

I was in the store and the two gentlemen behind the counter were not very helpful or friendly. It started when I asked if they had a certain pistol and they had to drop what they were doing and walk over and show it to me. I then said the price seemed a bit high and he responded compared to what, I said Four Seasons has the same pistol new for cheaper than the used one you have. I didn't tell him the that their new one was between 20 to 25 percent higher than Four Seasons new one about 120.00 dollars more. He then preceded to tell me that I should go there then and that I should make that my gun store. I live on South Shore and would never go to that store again and I understand in this climate they will have no problem selling inventory but when this all calms down it will come to bite them in the ass the way they treat people. I am not sure if I caught them on a bad day or that is the norm, like to know about other experiences there good or bad would like to give them another chance living close to the store but having a hard time with way I was treated.

He then preceded to tell me that I should go there then and that I should make that my gun store.

I would have said the same thing. You go into his store, complain about his prices and tell him where you can buy it cheaper. You should go there.

How indulgent of a customer in YOUR store would you be if he did to you what you did to him?

They were great when I was looking to get my Sig. Didn't even have my LTC yet and they were letting me hold anything I wanted.

One of the lady's that works there is super nice. There are few shops that price their times competitiatively. FS/ODS/First Defence are the top places to shop to get deals.

Eg: Sig 229 @ Powderhorn, 950$
@ ODS 840$
@ FD 780-820$

Don't like the price and don't want to travel, transfer an item purchased online. Still can save money that way.

Plymouth Bay Outfitters

You kind of come off as a dick the way you worded this,if you don't like prices keep it to yourself, drive up to four seasons,sit in traffic get your gun cheaper then sit in more traffic driving back,or just wait and find a better deal on nes,but you don't tell them that you can get it else ware for cheaper.

That is not what happened if you read what I wrote I said the used gun seemed a little high he then in a confrontational tone said to me compared to what. Because I did a little research on the gun and found that gun at multiple stores cheaper but a little farther away. I was not trying to argue but when you go to buy something don't you want to be treated fair or do you walk into a car dealership and pay sticker or do you talk to the salesman to see why the car might be cheaper some where else especially if they ask you. So does that come off as being a dick shotgunwilly

Last edited:
its all horsetrading,make offer see what happens,I have always been treated well there, but not like its old home week. put your feelings in your footlocker before ya go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom