M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

I recently purchased new sites for my Ruger so I went by M&M to ask where I could get these installed, twenty minutes later I was leaving with my new sites installed and for short money, they did a nice job. To date I've have always had a good experience going here, and will continue to shop there...!

purchased my first ever gun/ pistol from these guys back in december. I just got my LTC and asked around some friends and heard of this place and F Seasons. I knew I wanted a p226, I live in plymouth so called Plymouth Bay and they had one. Price was about average, only place that was cheaper was F seasons but saving me an hour drive each way was worth it. ANyways, went there and an older gentleman (probably Peter?) was helping someone so I waited. As soon as he was done he came over and asked what I needed. I pointed at sig, asked a couple of questions. Now I am pretty knew to this and had some questions and although he was not all together pleasant and jumping for joy I found him to be very helpful. Went over exactly how the de-cocker worker, since I had only had experience with safeties, and then went over a brief thing on how to field strip the gun and how to clean it. Like I said, although not overly nice I found who I had to be respectful to a newbie like myself and knowledgeable. Overall very good experience, I recommend, and I will be going back. Found it to be a good first experience for buying my first pistol.

Nice people. Ammo and guns are over priced.

StevensMarksman

That was my initial impression about pricing, but I gradually noticed that sometimes some of their pricing is pretty good. For example, some years back, I bought a Seecamp from them and their price was lower than Four Seasons. So, it varies.

Stopped in again while staying at the John Carver Inn down the street. Always a well stocked shop with calibres that are hard to find as well as enough odds and ends to keep non gun people interested. Best way to spend some time while the wife is shopping down main street.

I was going to be traveling by both M&M and Four Seasons a few weeks ago. I called both stores and both had what I wanted at the same price. I like and have purchased items at both stores previously and like both equally. For this mission I only needed the one item and figured that I could be in and out of M&M in less time than FS. That worked fine, my surprise was that the gentleman I believe is the owner of the store waited on me this time. The 1/3 not nice that I believe is who devo86 is referring to. He has waited on me a couple of times before and was always kind of rude and abrupt so I figured it would be more of the same. This time he was very personable and efficient. Showed me what I wanted moved me along and off I went. Like I said a bit of a surprise. I called one time about an M&P Bodyguard 380 and he told me they were not available in Mass. and was sort of a dick about it. Stopped by FS and picked one up and hour later. At any rate two thumbs up, have to see if it sticks.

Last edited:
I was going to be traveling by both M&M and Four Seasons a few weeks ago. I called both stores and both had what I wanted at the same price. I like and have purchased items at both stores previously and like both equally. For this mission I only needed the one item and figured that I could be in and out of M&M in less time than FS. That worked fine, my surprise was that the gentleman I believe is the owner of the store waited on me this time. The 1/3 not nice that I believe is who devo86 is referring to. He has waited on me a couple of times before and was always kind of rude and abrupt so I figured it would be more of the same. This time he was very personable and efficient. Showed me what I wanted moved me along and off I went. Like I said a bit of a surprise. I called one time about an M&P Bodyguard 380 and he told me they were not available in Mass. and was sort of a dick about it. Stopped by FS and picked one up and hour later. At any rate two thumbs up, have to see if it sticks.

I,have never seen anyone but the same 2 gents and the nice lady in there. So those 3 work a lot in that store. I'm sure there are days they didn't get a good cup of coffee or a shitty lunch.
Anyhow they tend to have decent inventory....prices are to be judged by the buyer.

I,have never seen anyone but the same 2 gents and the nice lady in there. So those 3 work a lot in that store. I'm sure there are days they didn't get a good cup of coffee or a shitty lunch.
Anyhow they tend to have decent inventory....prices are to be judged by the buyer.

I have always had a positive shopping experience with either Dave or Judy. The other gentleman who I think is the owner not so much - well actually never until my last stop there. Don't know his name. Usually he is not there when I am so I still go there. He must not get his coffee or lunch where the other two do. Perhaps he should change coffee/food vendors. Good for business. He was personable and helpful this last visit though for sure.

Dave and Judy's positives have out weighed his negatives so I still shop there. Not like a certain cape store where everyone working there is pretty much miserable on a regular basis. Although supposedly they are trying to turn their image around, competition will do that.

Last edited:
I've been to m&m a number of times for transfers and purchases. Judy has always very helpful no matter how many questions we may have. I agree with you Stan, great service.

Not sure as I only go to these 2 for the most part cause they are closest to me in Carver. I'm opened for suggestions.

New store in lakeville now or soon to put some pressure on... prices are all over the place in both stores. I have laughed out load on some and wished I had cash on me on others.

Their prices for handguns were better than Outback Arms in Plympton!

I'm home stuck on the couch sick as I can be! So responding to random post on NES.
I have not seen any really good prices on hand guns anywhere on the south shore. A handful here and there but I find PlimouthBay (M&M) , gunrunner, OBR, hunters and all the shops in that general area to be "high"
For example the SW MP 9mm range kit is 600$ plus if they have them yet you can go to 4seasons and walk out with one for 539$ cash out the door?
Is what it is.

Been in there a few times with a buddy, who purchases oddball stuff there. They always have some decent stuff others don't carry but their prices are too expensive. I've made smaller purchases on some ammo and targets etc. but never any firearms as they are overpriced. The owner always seems grumpy, the other gentlemen is very knowledgeable and the woman (Judy I assume?) has always seemed pleasant.

With all the competition around now getting hit or miss service on slightly overpriced hardware is not something I will invest my time in.

Stopped in today and bought a new XD mod2 4" 9mm and had some night sights put on my Shield. Dealt with Judy and she was awesome. The owner replaced the sights on my shield while I shopped around. He's not Mr. Personality, but I didn't argue pricing or laws with him, so no real issues.

Probably paid about $20 less for the sights and $20 more for the XD vs what I have seen at the other locals. So, really a wash. Add in that the service was excellent and that's a win to me. The new front sight was bent a bit and it was the last set in the shop. They put my factory sight back on and ordered the set (more $$$) I was looking for initially for the same price due to the mishap. They also had a good selection of long guns with pretty good pricing and the handguns were overall very reasonable.

Stopped in today and bought a new XD mod2 4" 9mm and had some night sights put on my Shield. Dealt with Judy and she was awesome. The owner replaced the sights on my shield while I shopped around. He's not Mr. Personality, but I didn't argue pricing or laws with him, so no real issues.

Probably paid about $20 less for the sights and $20 more for the XD vs what I have seen at the other locals. So, really a wash. Add in that the service was excellent and that's a win to me. The new front sight was bent a bit and it was the last set in the shop. They put my factory sight back on and ordered the set (more $$$) I was looking for initially for the same price due to the mishap. They also had a good selection of long guns with pretty good pricing and the handguns were overall very reasonable.

Good service and polite people are worth big money in my book!

It's been awhile but I've had nothing but great experiences there, they'll continue to get my money if I happen to be in the area.

As for any not up to par CS there, I've seen on more than one occasion folks telling the people who work there how to do there jobs or that they're doing them wrong. I even saw some "do you know who I am", "this isn't the end of this" BS from a rooky who just got on the Plymouth PD telling them that they are going to sell him whatever rifle he chooses, letter from the CoP be damned.

If I had to deal with those types of customers on the regular coupled with the ones who try and chisel $20 off the price of a gun I'd probably be a little bitchy also.

It's been awhile but I've had nothing but great experiences there, they'll continue to get my money if I happen to be in the area.

As for any not up to par CS there, I've seen on more than one occasion folks telling the people who work there how to do there jobs or that they're doing them wrong. I even saw some "do you know who I am", "this isn't the end of this" BS from a rooky who just got on the Plymouth PD telling them that they are going to sell him whatever rifle he chooses, letter from the CoP be damned.

If I had to deal with those types of customers on the regular coupled with the ones who try and chisel $20 off the price of a gun I'd probably be a little bitchy also.
have not been in there in a while other than to just look around while in the area. I have bought random cleaning supplies and targets ( they used to stock a good selection of targets) Theres one guy that works there that I dont bother with if hes behind the counter. I will deal with the nice lady anyday. Unfortunately I have yet to buy a firearm from them either because of price or lack of anything im interested in.

have not been in there in a while other than to just look around while in the area. I have bought random cleaning supplies and targets ( they used to stock a good selection of targets) Theres one guy that works there that I dont bother with if hes behind the counter. I will deal with the nice lady anyday. Unfortunately I have yet to buy a firearm from them either because of price or lack of anything im interested in.

I haven't been in there in a while, because I am just not in that area very often. Over the years, I have bought a couple of firearms from them. One was a new pistol, and their price was better than Four Seasons at the time. Another was a used pistol that was quite fairly priced. Have also bought targets and cleaning stuff. Overall, I like the place, and the people there. Even though the owner is not the chattiest person in the world, he's ok.

Yeah by that reasoning i should be a mean grumpy sob by now .......all these years of people wanting free oil change because they did a brake job.
Anyone in business that makes a customer feel like they are bothering you or your money is not good enough is not good.

Yeah by that reasoning i should be a mean grumpy sob by now .......all these years of people wanting free oil change because they did a brake job.
Anyone in business that makes a customer feel like they are bothering you or your money is not good enough is not good.
So how would you deal with people walking into the shop daily, and by walking into the shop I mean into the shop area not the lobby, that stand next to you the entire time telling you you were doing your job wrong and then elaborate on how to do it correctly? Serious question looking for a serious answer and not the "customers aren't allowed in the shop area" escape clause(although this is a review thread after all and not the GD area).

So how would you deal with people walking into the shop daily, and by walking into the shop I mean into the shop area not the lobby, that stand next to you the entire time telling you you were doing your job wrong and then elaborate on how to do it correctly? Serious question looking for a serious answer and not the "customers aren't allowed in the shop area" escape clause(although this is a review thread after all and not the GD area).

I spent a number of my younger years in retail (liquor) and had my share of jerky customers. I got a piece of advice from one of the older workers one time, that I have never forgotten. He said "Emoto, just smile and take their money."

Back
Top Bottom