M&P 45 ftf

peterk123

NES Member
My daughter has this gun. Ammo is getting hung up while feeding. It's not a limp wrist issue.

It does not look like the ramp is the problem neither. I thought maybe it was the mag and a bad spring. Tried another mag. Same problem. I read some stuff where the extractor may be causing it to hang up.

Anyone have this issue? Any words of wisdom?

Could be hanging up on a tweaked ejector? Take the slide off, pop in a loaded mag and see how it looks. Do the same with a functional pistol and compare the ejector claw….it can get bent.

How far into battery does it get? If it goes almost all the way into battery then there might be a piece of brass stuck in the extractor pocket.

How far into battery does it get? If it goes almost all the way into battery then there might be a piece of brass stuck in the extractor pocket.
Nose of bullet almost looks like it's getting stuck in the chamber. Bullet is at a sharp angle, like it is still on its way up the ramp.

I need to take a closer look at the extractor and see if it interfering. Btw.... round nose bullet so it just pop right in there.

Is this happening about halfway through the mag or with a full mag? If halfway, check the magazine springs and followers. S&W replaced a bunch of them in the M&P 45's due to binding. The "correct" springs IIRC have a powder blue paint on them. If the paint is black, that's the old ones.
Full mag. I originally thought this was a spring problem because the first mag was always loaded. I figured it just lost it's oomph. But then we tried a fairly new mag and still had the problem. It worked a little better, but there is definitely something more going on.

I would just press the easy button and call Smith and Wesson and send it back to them on their dime. Personally I've had very good luck with the M&Ps. The one issue I had they took care of it with no fuss and no muss.

Back
Top Bottom