M&P 9C Trigger Job?

I just picked up a brand new M&P 9C and have yet to shoot it.

From what it seems, there are lots out there who have elected to have the trigger worked on to reduce the pull.

Do you guys feel that this trigger modification is really necessary for this model?
Do all MA compliant M&P's have the same out of the box trigger pull?

What does a modification like this cost?

Muchas Gracias!
Qman

I did a rough estimate on the pull of my 9c out of the box and it was around 15lbs and very rough (gritty, hard to pull). From everything I've read, that's the norm and it almost seems like S&W made them so bad that it forces consumers to fix the MA trigger. Apex kit or gunsmith are the way to go.

This has been discussed ad nauseum lately...there's even an article on the news section of the forum

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/content/111-S-W-M-P-APEX-DCAEK-Review

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/110226-S-amp-W-M-amp-P9fs-Greg-Derr-vs.-APEX-DCAEK

Yes, all the MA compliant M&P triggers suck out of the box, and they need to be worked on to be serviceable.

All M&P triggers suck out of the box. Not only Ma. Best thing you can do is go to Apex Tactical and buy their tactical sear. Takes like 5 minutes to install and they also have an install video for do it yourself. Words cannot describe the improvement!!!

I have an M&P 9c and 40c. I had Mike Larocca work on my 40c, he does a superb job. I plan to do an APEX kit in my 9c and then see which one I like best. I've assembled AR's before, so the APEX kit does not look too challenging. After 700 rounds or so the stock trigger seems to "suck less" than when I bought it.... but it does not compare to having the work done.

I spoke to Dave Santurri over in North Attlebro. He said he will do one for about $90. Turnaround time is 1-2 days for him.
Anyone have Dave do a trigger for them? Like....?

I spoke to Dave Santurri over in North Attlebro. He said he will do one for about $90. Turnaround time is 1-2 days for him.
Anyone have Dave do a trigger for them? Like....?

I bought a used M&P from someone who had Dave do a trigger job on it. Shoots great. My other M&Ps have Greg Derr trigger jobs on them. I've never tried to compare one smith's work vs. the other, but can tell you all that you'll be very happy with work done by either of them.

I did this before Apex kits became available, so I can't compare there.

All you really need if you're a do-it-yourselfer is an apex hard sear and a 48 state trigger return spring. That's how my 40c is set up and it's a night and day difference from the dreadful stock trigger. Only spent like 40 dollars and 20 minutes of my time.

Apex Carry Kit, installed by Remsport while I waited less then 1 hour. 413-589-9976 ask for John. Just outstanding!

To Boston Irish,
If you do the Apex yourself watch the video they have but a little hint they dont tell you.
When you have the sear housing out of the frame and you are ready to remove the sear pin, MAKE sure the sear disconnect is UP (the little yellow lever). If it is down for removing the slide it loads the sear spring. When you remove the sear pin the sear spring and plunger launch. I removed the pin in a plastic bag and it caught the spring and plunger. Other than that its a very easy install.

Back
Top Bottom