• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P night sights

Just had the duty/carry kit installed today on my 9c. Wanted to add some night sights and looked into a few. Just wanted to see what you guys may recommend. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Both of my M&P's are running AmeriGlo ProGlo front sights and Warren Tactical plain rear sights, and they work better than anything else I've been able to get my hands on.

They beat the traditional Trijicon or Novak 3-dot night sights by a mile, and the paint 'O' on the ProGlo works better in bright (or low) light for my eyes than either the traditional "lite pipe" style fiber optics or the HiViz "encased in plastic" fiber optics.

The profile on the sides of the warren tactical sight, where the 'wings' are cut off, does a surprisingly good job of opening up your field of vision when shooting. As minor as it is, it felt like I was taking off a pair of blinders the first time I shot a stage with a warren rear, and the 'u' style notch makes it very instinctive to line up with the large 'o' of the ProGlo.

EDIT: I set these guns up before the Trijicon HD's came out. If I had to do it again for a gun that has 'u' notch Trijicon HD's available, I'd just go with the HD's.

EDIT2: I posted some pictures http://mp-pistol.com/mp-talk/28984-fiber-optic-front-sight-hd-gun.html of the sights I'm talking about in different lighting conditions, about half way down the page.

Last edited:
Was just on the ameriglo site, does anyone have they I dot style sights? how do you like them compared to classic 3 dot

PS for a shield btw

Another vote for the trijicon hd's. Extremely easy to focus on the bright orange front sight. And they are very bright in low to no light. More of a self defense sight than a precision sight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: thanks for all the info and recommendations! I ended up getting trijicon HD's.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

You won't regret it. I love mine. Ordered up the shield specific ones (sa139) from trijicon but have to wait 8 weeks at least. Only place I could find them was through trijicon directly.

- Todd

I have XS big dots on mine, and I'm starting to regret it now. I think I'm going to go with the next Trijicons.

Mike

Was just on the ameriglo site, does anyone have they I dot style sights? how do you like them compared to classic 3 dot

PS for a shield btw

I like the I-dots much better than any 3 dot sights, but I'm not a big fan of the rounded notch on the rear. I like the square notch on the Heine straight 8's better, but my absolute favorite now is the Ameriglo Hack sights - black rear with the outlined tritium front sight. Don't know if they make them for the Shield though...

Back
Top Bottom