• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Sport 2 - Why so inexpensive?

Curious what components on this the M&P Sport 2 make it inexpensive, and inferior to more higher priced AR's? I'd like to upgrade some components to make the gun as reliable and durable as possible.

I dont know where they cut any corners,
IIRC they dont claim mil spec
Its a 1-9 twist
I doubt its un reliable as it stands.
maybe just pick up a spare BCG and small parts kit?

i would say if your worried sell it and buy a rifle your confident in

Curious what components on this the M&P Sport 2 make it inexpensive, and inferior to more higher priced AR's? I'd like to upgrade some components to make the gun as reliable and durable as possible.
Cheap barrel, bcg, etc. Honestly stop worrying, dump the shit milspec trigger, put good optic on it and be done with it.

Yeah, I wouldn't know. I roll my own.

It was tongue-in-cheek anyway. Didn't they omit the shell deflector and/or dust cover too? receiver has molded triggerguard so you save a roll pin. loose tolerances easier and cheaper to machine for?

There are definitely different classes of barrel steel and aluminum used for uppers and lowers.

MIM parts vs EDM cut vs Forged, etc... Most of which have nothing to do with reliability or durability. USUALLY.

If your suburban range is 200 yards or less, or if your targets include splatter paper zombie pigs, milk jugs, pumpkins, and small appliances using bulk 55gr fmj, an M&P Sport II is right up to the task.

If you want to print tight groups at that 200 yard range or hit coyotes or small metal gongs at 400, then you start thinking about better triggers and barrels and optics and then you follow that rabbit to the extent of your budget and enthusiasm.

"M&P Sport 2. When just good enough is good enough."

er sumpin.

Last edited:
You will NOT get the gas block/FSB off no matter how hard you try. At least not without destroying it.

Back
Top Bottom