• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garand Postal Match- Congrats daekken and Dakar 652!!!

The SPECIALFIELD that I bought came with nothing - I sent an email (unanswered) and about ten days later a sling showed up in a small box.
Still no manual, chamber flag, or clip. I'm not sweating it tho.

Yeah, the Special grade description says they come with a sling. Mine is a Service grade so no sling for me!

Doesn't matter, I have a 1907-style sling from Amazon and I'm all set to give it another try this weekend!

Yeah, the Special grade description says they come with a sling.

Doesn't matter, I have a 1907-style sling from Amazon and I'm all set to give it another try this weekend!

what sling did you get or how long.... the reproduction ones are often to short for shooting.

just looked and no mention of the length anywhere on planet Amazon.
'
i like my web slings for now, but also have a couple Turner slings. I have both an old leather one and the all weather models. i think dw prefers Ron Brown slings which look a lot like my older model Turner.

I,have both Turner and brown.
I can't say one is really better than the other.
I like the large numbers on my brown and the brown just feels a bit less stretchy. Both are good quality. You can get a Tam sling but I think the back order is over a year at this point.
There is nothing wrong with a web sling they work and as long as the lock holds on the adjuster they are good to go. They are a little "easier" to use also.

I lost a bet to Mountain so I'm DQ'd from the match, but here is my would be entry

https://i.imgur.com/v0DEyHh.jpg

This is DW's JC Garand slow fire prone stage recorded via electronic targets in competition at the New England Games. 'Clean' target. Look closely and you can see a 'ghost' image of him in his hat, reflected off the screens. He shot extremely well the last couple days.

I shot OK in the JC Garand Match- 98/1X in slow, and 92/1X in rapid. Bombed awfulhand with a 71. Happier about the 92 in rapid than the 98 in slow. Overall 261 and missed bronze achievement by a couple points. Shot 5 matches including EIC- had to check my phone for the scores.

Planning to close this at midnight on Sunday, so get those targets in!

This is DW's JC Garand slow fire prone stage recorded via electronic targets in competition at the New England Games. 'Clean' target. Look closely and you can see a 'ghost' image of him in his hat, reflected off the screens. He shot extremely well the last couple days.

I shot OK in the JC Garand Match- 98/1X in slow, and 92/1X in rapid. Bombed awfulhand with a 71. Happier about the 92 in rapid than the 98 in slow. Overall 261 and missed bronze achievement by a couple points. Shot 5 matches including EIC- had to check my phone for the scores.

Planning to close this at midnight on Sunday, so get those targets in!

why only 14 shots ? ..... nice, I still have not shot a clean target 99s a plenty..... good shooting

The electronic targets are saving the sighter shots even if you clear the screen. So I'll assume 4 sighters.

It's amazing what a proper shooting position will do to improve your hits!

Shot prone with a loop sling.

91/1X
faf4b5a8c3c0d3fc3f09e2ed114ebf8b.jpg
4de19ca83295196403cbc2f84c568d1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Another try, a little better.

92-1X
ebd6fb681a6f8aaf212999c6094e665b.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nice....slung up prone Is a pretty stable position. Get the breathing , trigger and front sight to play together at the same time and things tighten up!

image.jpg

Before all all is said and done I wanted to show Mac a close up of my Franko 10 :p

i wanted to post another target today but the god damned key to my ammo can went missing! All my rounds for my 'match' rifle are in the damn can and I didn't have the stomach to cut the lock. So a 95 is the best I can give for my one and only attempt at this.

I'm so glad I'll be able to make it to the match on the 15th, as I seriously wanted to go this weekend to VT but the bank appraisal on my girlfriends house in Holden is tomorrow and had to spend some time there cleaning up the yard and whatnot.

good luck to all who entered!

In the rain on Friday, I shot a rapid fire prone with my service grade using the USGI websling for the first time.
Definitely not as good as a 1907 sling in my opinion but certainly better than no sling. Ran my "underpowered" Varget loads.
86 which is about average for me on rapids.
20170924_183102.jpg

Here's my slow fire prone for the September match with my CMP special, 96 which is the highest I've scored in any round. 0-x unfortunately.
2017-09-M1.jpg

This was a very good idea Mountain! I think everyone enjoyed it. Kudos to everyone who participated.

Nice job, Daekken!

This officially closes at midnight, though I won't be up for that, LOL. Next day or two I'll go through the thread and pick the winner by 1) score, 2) X-count, and 3) #X's completely inside the X-ring. As they have graciously bowed out, Mac and DW's submissions are not part of the official count. Odds are very good for the remaining group.

Oh, well. I already can out-shoot a Garand with a Mauser...just wait...

t
Congrats to the D's
I'm ready for a mauser postal match. I need to redeem myself after dumping 10 rounds rapid fire into what was classified as minute of gofer hole!

I'm hoping to get my 'brand new' RM1SpecialField to the range this week for at least one 10-shot SR1.

I didn't get my entry submitted in time for the match, but I did get out with the RM1SpecialField last week.
Here's my somewhat embarrassing 48. I could only find six holes in the target. Wednesday and it was a little gusty thanks to Jose, but not enough to have impacted the score - that was just poor marksmanship. [sad]

IMG_0571.jpg

Back
Top Bottom