M16, other guns taken from Milford man....

And I thought I had problems. I hope everything works out for this guy and his family.

LINK

M16, other guns taken from Milford man

MILFORD —

A Milford man was arrested and police seized more than a dozen of his guns, including an M16 and AK47, after officers went to his home Saturday for a report of a domestic dispute.

Paul A. Delaney, 45, of 48 Harvard Drive, assaulted his wife during an argument about the music being so loud that it might wake their kids in the middle of the night, police said.

One of the children ended up trying to call 911 during the fight and Delaney stopped him, police said. Delaney also took his wife's phone and tried to break it, police said.

When the wife was able to call 911, just before 1 a.m., Delaney took the phone and hung up on the operator, according to Officer Michael Kehoe's report.

Officers arrested Delaney, charging him with domestic assault and battery and witness intimidation, police said.

Delaney had a gun collection in his home, which police seized when his wife took out a restraining order against him, according to Kehoe's report.

Police confiscated 13 weapons, including many pistols and M16 and AK47 assault rifles, plus ammunition and Delaney's Class A gun permit and machine gun permit, police said.

Delaney was arraigned yesterday in Milford District Court and released without bail, a clerk said. He is due back in court March 11.

Danielle Ameden can be reached at 508-634-7521 or [email protected].

Sounds like he's headed for anger management classes, which is actually a pretty good class to take, makes you quite aware of yourself. I hope everything does work out for the best for these folks, especially for the kids well being. What screws it up for us is when the police and the reporters write it up as if he had an arsenal and the negative public image that's presented. What about the amount of steak knifes in the house or screwdrivers, especially the 11" flat blade in the workshop? Shit happens, the guns had no part of it, they had no cause to include that in the article.

Anybody want to bet the "M16 and AK47 assault rifles" weren't? I'm guessing they were common semi-auto variants.

Anybody want to bet the "M16 and AK47 assault rifles" weren't? I'm guessing they were common semi-auto variants.

Well, they did mention a machine gun permit, so one out of the thousands of times they use such language, this could actually be true. This guy was really stupid, he's lucky enough to get a machine gun permit in MA and then screws it up like that???

The article did say he had a class A LTC and MG license so its likely that he did have some full auto stuff. Although we all know how the media screws this up on a regular basis.

IF he truly had an MG license, then this is bad news at any time, and particularly now. The anti-event and MG regulations proposed last summer WILL be back. When is hard to say, but that fight is NOT over.

Further, the GOAL bill is pending This incident is precisely the sort of incident that would fuel another wave of anti-gun animus.

IF he truly had an MG license, then this is bad news at any time, and particularly now. The anti-event and MG regulations proposed last summer WILL be back. When is hard to say, but that fight is NOT over.

Further, the GOAL bill is pending This incident is precisely the sort of incident that would fuel another wave of anti-gun animus.

Agreed!

Well, at least we can be thankful that the firearms were not actually involved in the incident.

I am more worried that one more class 3 firearm will be sent to ATF than this becoming some sort of anti rallying cry. In this case, the "system worked" in most people's eyes.

Well, I believe he has the opportunity to sell it, doesn't he?

I was thinking the same thing.
While he cannot be in possession of them while under the 209A (and likely after as I'm sure he will now be deemed 'unsuitable'), it was my understanding that the firearms can be legally transferred to another licensed individual or FFL for consignment. Is this not the case? I hope so for his sake because he's going to need the funds for a good lawyer right about now I'd think...

I was thinking the same thing.
While he cannot be in possession of them while under the 209A (and likely after as I'm sure he will now be deemed 'unsuitable'), it was my understanding that the firearms can be legally transferred to another licensed individual or FFL for consignment. Is this not the case? I hope so for his sake because he's going to need the funds for a good lawyer right about now I'd think...

That's true everywhere but New Boston New Hampshire.

What bothers me is the stupid comment left below the story:

"tiredofwingnuts 1 hour ago Report Abuse
Report Abuse
You must be logged in to report abuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 weapons including assault rifles. i don't even think the 2nd amendment nuts can justify that"

Just like Scrivener said in another thread:
No-one should have to prove a NEED to exercise a right.

Well, I believe he has the opportunity to sell it, doesn't he?

Technically. And with the money involved, most likely games won't be played but there are issues with class 3s that don't exist for other non-nfa items. Namely any transferrable NFA arms used in crimes cease to be transferrable after the fact. The rules are complex and I don't pretend to know them all, but the point was I don't think this will be a PR nightmare. It is a non event from the media's perspective.

Lesson learned: Do not mess with Wife. They can really get you into a lot of trouble.

Or maybe all of this could've been prevented if the Wife had a little more courtesy and turned down the volume???
Think "its for the children"...

Talk about stupid.
How much cash is this guy out?
How much more is he about to spend cleaning up this mess?
Cash? I saw M16A1's being advertised for over $10,000 in Small Arms Review. Remember, since 1986, no more fully-automatic weapons can be manufactured for the civilian market. What is out there now is all there will ever be, so the prices will only increase. Same with his AK-47, assuming it too is full-auto. Throw in the pistols and his total loss, just in guns and accessories, will be at least $20,000. He will be extremely lucky if he beats these charges and gets his Class A back. The MG license? Looks like that one will be gone forever.

Lesson learned: Do not mess with Wife. They can really get you into a lot of trouble.

Or maybe all of this could've been prevented if the Wife had a little more courtesy and turned down the volume???
Think "its for the children"...

Although we don't know all the circumstances it certainly sounds like as you state.If the wife would have been considerate and turned the music down as he asked all of this might have been avoided. Who knows how many years this has been going on. Unfortunatly we are all made to look bad by the msm and other anti's when things like this happen.

Although we don't know all the circumstances it certainly sounds like as you state.If the wife would have been considerate and turned the music down as he asked all of this might have been avoided. Who knows how many years this has been going on. Unfortunatly we are all made to look bad by the msm and other anti's when things like this happen.

It makes me wonder if he even assulted his wife. Or are they calling taking the phone away assault?

It makes me wonder if he even assulted his wife. Or are they calling taking the phone away assault?

It does make you wonder if he was really physically assaulting her how she managed to make the call. It may very well have been just a loud argument with possibly threats made and they got scared and called the police. It will be mostly a case of he said, she said and what the children say.

None of us were there.

Maybe she is a drunken/whacked shrew and he had enough, yelled at he and tossed the phone across the room. The article said he "tried" to break her phone. Let's face it, does anyone on forum lack the capability to snap a cell phone in half? (who doesn't lose their temper sometimes?)

Maybe he is a controlling, seething of anger and she was trying to escape his dominance with a little music to sleep by.

Time will tell...

Any NES'rs conspicuously absent this morning?

On another note, 13 weapons?! THIS is an arsenal these days? WTF?

Hard to comment without the facts.

That has ever stopped anyone HERE?! [rofl]

Technically. And with the money involved, most likely games won't be played but there are issues with class 3s that don't exist for other non-nfa items. Namely any transferrable NFA arms used in crimes cease to be transferrable after the fact. The rules are complex and I don't pretend to know them all, but the point was I don't think this will be a PR nightmare. It is a non event from the media's perspective.

Unless he whipped out an M-16 and dumped a mag towards her, none of the weapons were used in the dispute. THAT would have been the headline if it happened that way.

Being seized due to a RO is not the same as being used in a crime.

Well, this IS Mass, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom