• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M91 Mosin Nagant - Russian, Finn, Austrian Mix

Found a 1917 Sestroryetsk Model 1891 Mosin Nagant at a local shop. My favorite of the Russian arsenal logos.

It received the usual Finn updates - rear sight metric graduation, [SA] and D stamps, wire sling hangers. The stock has plugged hanger holes on the front and rear, and well defined WWI era lettering of an A, M, and W Austrian marks on the buttstock, and the letters C, A, and U just in front of the magazine.

The receiver is an 1896 Sestroyetsk, so it is an obvious re-barrel. Not really sure who mated the barrel and receiver, though. Possibly the Finns, but maybe the Russians? The tang has a 7 stamped over a 1 on the underside, and a 7 stamped on the top side.

My first attempt at lighting for indoor pics, so hopefully everything shows. Thanks for looking.

17sestroryetsk_002.JPG

17sestroryetsk_003.JPG

three_line_rifles_028.JPG

three_line_rifles_011.JPG

17sestroryetsk_0061.JPG

17sestroryetsk_0082.JPG

17sestroryetsk_004.JPG

17sestroryetsk_005.JPG

17sestroryetsk_006.JPG

17sestroryetsk_007.JPG

17sestroryetsk_008.JPG

17sestroryetsk_009.JPG

17sestroryetsk_014.JPG

17sestroryetsk_0021.JPG

17sestroryetsk_0041.JPG

17sestroryetsk_002.JPG

17sestroryetsk_003.JPG

Thank you, gents.

I have another Austro-Hungarian marked stock, but not nearly as well defined as this one. It's a definite keeper.

Thank you, gents.

I have another Austro-Hungarian marked stock, but not nearly as well defined as this one. It's a definite keeper.

Martin, please let me know when you have items that arent "keepers" Im sure your castoffs put anything in my humble "collection" to shame!

Martin,
I really have an addiction to that arsenal. At one time I had one rifle , then I seemed to find them everywhere. I am up to five and each one is unique. Three are not SA marked.
Yours has some great markings, that to me makes the rifle. Its history of where its been, what country may have issued it to its troops etc.
A wonderful find my friend. The Mosin Gods have smiled upon you once again[cheers]

Back
Top Bottom