• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA AG SUED GLOCK INC AND REMINGTON ARMS...

Did Barrett have the same market share as the others do? You don't think the .gov will be able to get them elsewhere or other sources or piggy back through other .gov entities, states, military etc. At the end of the day what will the cost of the action against the AG be. Unfortunately we have to prove to politician appointed judges that she overstepped her authority, that precedent has been established and many other things that attorneys can better speak of. Next time Baker runs he has high chances of getting re elected by the way just track the conversations on liberal sites and you will see. As long as he doesn't touch this topic.

I'm sure that Glock and Remington have adequate counsel.

Yes and no. All big companies acquire outside legal teams on large cases. I have seen what these costs tend to be. Not that they will sit back and bend over backwards for the AG. I was talking more specifically about the Massachusetts gun owners. Companies will always defend their interests

Yes and no. All big companies acquire outside legal teams on large cases. I have seen what these costs tend to be. Not that they will sit back and bend over backwards for the AG. I was talking more specifically about the Massachusetts gun owners. Companies will always defend their interests

I would hope that Glock would have an internal defense team on hand.

More from the Washington Beacon, claiming that anyone buying a Glock in Mass from a "third-party" i.e. not a dealer is buying illegally
so i guess the cops that sell four LNIB glocks per year for a handsome unreported untaxed profit which i believe the BATFE should classify as selling guns for profit and require an FFL will now be considered criminals that she chooses not to prosecute right now.

I don't know how they draw the conclusion that buying private is illegal since its codified. The whole thing is spelled out on her page unless miraculously it changed. The Washington Beacon should definitely have a Q&A tab on glocks

I would hope that Glock would have an internal defense team on hand.

Your hope would be in vain. They have counsel on staff to set legal strategy and oversee outside counsel, but the economics of trying to keep a team of attorneys barred in all 50 states on staff for relatively few lawsuits are poor. Let's say that works out to 20-25 attorneys. Of course, attorneys specialize. So you'd need attorneys in the field of intellectual property, tort liability, regulatory compliance etc... Brief writers and trial attorneys. And then when you have a huge negligence suit in MA, you'd still need outside counsel to manage the workload involved in discovery.

I routinely see litigation costs in the 6-7 figures per case in tort, IP, and contractual litigation, and more than that is not uncommon for complex cases.

Your hope would be in vain. They have counsel on staff to set legal strategy and oversee outside counsel, but the economics of trying to keep a team of attorneys barred in all 50 states on staff for relatively few lawsuits are poor. Let's say that works out to 20-25 attorneys. Of course, attorneys specialize. So you'd need attorneys in the field of intellectual property, tort liability, regulatory compliance etc... Brief writers and trial attorneys. And then when you have a huge negligence suit in MA, you'd still need outside counsel to manage the workload involved in discovery.

I routinely see litigation costs in the 6-7 figures per case in tort, IP, and contractual litigation, and more than that is not uncommon for complex cases.

Exactly

Her logic on this is completely insane.
by the same token would she exempt l.e. From buying any other product that was deemed defective?

ford pinto's and Samsung note 7's and those hover boards can be sold to Leo's only , in the coo coo state.

What kind of person wants to control another so much? I have a hard time understanding these people. Maybe they have brain damage?

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely......". A quote by this guy John Dalberg-Acton

I wouldn't assume she will loose in court in MA, she has all the judges on her side.

They will make her win no matter what they have to do.

The AG's SO is also an Associate Justice on the Appeals Court. If it goes that far, her SO would need to recuse herself, but that doesn't stop her from helping the other associate justices on the Appeals Court with inside information.

In addition, don't forget the NSSF AWB suit against the AG which will be done in federal courts, so between the MA and federal courts, it's mega-bucks that the AG is pissing away; and for what?

The AG's SO is also an Associate Justice on the Appeals Court. If it goes that far, her SO would need to recuse herself, but that doesn't stop her from helping the other associate justices on the Appeals Court with inside information.

In addition, don't forget the NSSF AWB suit against the AG which will be done in federal courts, so between the MA and federal courts, it's mega-bucks that the AG is pissing away; and for what?

Why would she care, it's not her money. She's posturing and doing political grandstanding to get a spot in (possibly) the clinton administration, or worse case, get hired on as a consultant for some kind of anti gun job when she gives up the AG seat eventually. Unlike her predecessors she's already figured out that she doesn't have a chance in hell of becoming governor or anything like that. (every ex AG that tries for this spot, fails)... she already knows its a dead end position, at least for someone on the far left like she is.

-Mike

Why would she care, it's not her money.
When you have power to spend OPM (other people's money) you increase your power and budget by spending more rather than less.

Noone ever got ahead in business with "I reduced the side of my department by 20%, now promote me to a higher grade of VP". Rather, it's "My department grew 120%, I guess it's to move from Sr VP to Executive VP".

Her logic on this is completely insane.
by the same token would she exempt l.e. From buying any other product that was deemed defective?

ford pinto's and Samsung note 7's and those hover boards can be sold to Leo's only , in the coo coo state.

That's right.
Does LE driver training make it ok to give them the grenade airbags in their cars?
By her logic it's ok.
A product is either safe to use or it isn't .

Good opportunity to troll the AG's office.

"Question: So, if a public official conspires with other public officials to violate the constitution, are those communications covered by the Open Meeting Law? What happens if said public official refuses to turn over documents by wrongly claiming they are exempt?"

http://www.milforddailynews.com/new...office-to-hold-free-open-meeting-law-training

[h=1]AG's office to hold free Open Meeting Law training[/h]
[h=3]In an effort to better inform the public and government officials about the Open Meeting Law and its requirements, Attorney General Maura Healey’s office will hold a free training on the law from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Mendon Board of Selectmen’s Room, Upper Meeting Room, 20 Main St.[/h]

State, local, regional and county public bodies are required to comply.

The AG’s office will also hold three other regional educational forums in Brockton, Watertown and Agawam this fall.

IIRC, she has no boss.

Her boss is the Massachusetts voter, and the Massachusetts voter loves her. If the Commonwealth needs more money they can just raise taxes on the businesses who haven't moved out yet.

Good opportunity to troll the AG's office.

"Question: So, if a public official conspires with other public officials to violate the constitution, are those communications covered by the Open Meeting Law? What happens if said public official refuses to turn over documents by wrongly claiming they are exempt?"

http://www.milforddailynews.com/new...office-to-hold-free-open-meeting-law-training

[h=1]AG's office to hold free Open Meeting Law training[/h]
[h=3]In an effort to better inform the public and government officials about the Open Meeting Law and its requirements, Attorney General Maura Healey’s office will hold a free training on the law from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Mendon Board of Selectmen’s Room, Upper Meeting Room, 20 Main St.[/h]

State, local, regional and county public bodies are required to comply.

The AG’s office will also hold three other regional educational forums in Brockton, Watertown and Agawam this fall.

Won't help. I've attended this seminar as it is required of town officials. I don't recall if it was a lawyer from her office or a private firm that was contracted to run these sessions.

Nothing said there will get back to Healey, whether positive or negative.

here's all you need to know about how your legal process works in MA

Last edited by a moderator:
Some apropos quotes from George Washington. It is uncanny, his ideas and goals are almost the exact inverse of Maura Healey's.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner
from George Washington’s Farewell Address

It is important, likewise, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their respective constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments in one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.

Such encroachment, Washington suggests, will surely at first be advanced as serving some positive interest. But that is no excuse:

If, in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. The precedent must always greatly overbalance in permanent evil any partial or transient benefit, which the use can at any time yield.

Some apropos quotes from George Washington. It is uncanny, his ideas and goals are almost the exact inverse of Maura Healey's.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner
from George Washington’s Farewell Address

Such encroachment, Washington suggests, will surely at first be advanced as serving some positive interest. But that is no excuse:
I think it is fair to say that the founding fathers would be ready to tar and feather Ms Maura for her anti-Constitutional tyranny.

I think it's also fair to say that Ms Maura doesn't give a flying, flaming **** about the founding fathers. [thinking]

Apparently The Remington case had a hearing yesterday. The Glock case is schedule for next month - although it's scheduled as 'Hearing for Protective Order'. I'm not sure if that's what Glock is seeking or if the court's data entry standards still have not improved.

I'll try to get copies of the pleadings next week and post them if I can.

Back
Top Bottom