• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Ammo/Components Storage CMR - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
MA adopted NFPA 1 with MA Amendments (250 pgs of that [laugh]) effective 1/1/2015.

Attached below is a chart with the info on ammo and components storage quantities.

Attachments

• New Ammo Storage Chart 527 CMR 1.pdf
    57.6 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
And here are the new storage rules for ammo and components.

NOTE: Whereas previously if you had a permit there were NO requirements to keep your ammo locked up at all times, that is now changed and regardless of permit or not, all ammo/components must be locked up at all times. Empty Cases do NOT need to be locked up per this regulation, only powder, primers and ammo.

Attachments

• 527 CMR 1.00 New Ammo Storage Rules.pdf
    29 KB · Views: 238
2 Nits worth noting in the new regulations.

1. The new quantities in the end on odd numbers . . . e.g. 9999 rds of .22LR is fine without a permit, but 10000 rds requires a permit instead of >10000! I've spoken to my fire chief about this and he's willing to carry the water for me to the state fire marshal to have this corrected so that full cases/boxes of ammo are OK and quantities are all > instead of < like it used to be, as he says "adding one more round or primer is insignificant.

2. There is a "license" available for greater quantities HOWEVER they are issued by your selectmen or city/town council and those hearings are all public (public meeting law), broadcast and archived by your local community TV . . . this is a direct violation of C. 66 S. 10(d) which states that all info on gun ownership/permits is confidential and not subject to public disclosure except to LE for LE purposes!! Not sure what can be done here, but I have flagged this to someone high up in state government and additionally I plan to flag this to the state fire marshal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom