• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Blue Crab

Anyone here like blue crab? Got about 8 of these bad boys at the marsh at the end of my road. Grilled with Old Bay and beer. Location is Southcoast MA.
Love em. A lot of work but better than lobster. Got my limit one day last year and and made some crab cakes. My neighbor had given me a bag of fresh Maine blueberries the day before so my wife made blueberry cornbread to go along with the cakes. I swear it was the best meal I had ever had....:)

I love them, burn more calories getting the meat out than is in the meat.
Did you catch them at night?

Lol....grab chicken on a string and hang it over the rocks on the Cape Cod Canal and these will come up along with the 🦞. If they are from the Acushnet River or anywhere near stay away...lol

amphibious spiders don't absorb poisons as easily or teh same way as bivalves. Back when the Westport river was closed to shellfishing, that did NOT include crabbing.

There's a limit on blue crab????? Damn.

I haven't done it in a long time. Learned at my MIL's house on the Westport decades ago. My kids still go crabbing today as semi-adults. Rarely do they keep them. It's a PITA to pick em.

Back
Top Bottom