• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

I’ll be writing in
Scott Lively, Springfield, MA

Do you have to include City, State? Serious question.

In other news, I always worried that my blank vote would turn into a vote for the "correct" person after I turned in my ballot. I wish they'd include an Abstain choice on ballots, but I'm sure they count on people thinking they have to pick one. It might send a message if "Abstain" got 30% of the votes. Might.

In other news, I always worried that my blank vote would turn into a vote for the "correct" person after I turned in my ballot. I wish they'd include an Abstain choice on ballots, but I'm sure they count on people thinking they have to pick one. It might send a message if "Abstain" got 30% of the votes. Might.
Someone mentioned previously that you need to do that on a write in to make it legit.
Makes sense in case it's a common name.

Last edited:
I'd like a nobody option on the ballot. We would certainly be better off without either of them.

Same for US senate.

Someone mentioned previously that you need to do that on a write in to make it legit.
Makes sense in case it's a common name.

To answer my own question: no you don't have to but to be safe you should. Because I assume the worst of people, I expect that if a ballot counter can throw out my vote they will.

All write-in or sticker votes should include the correct name and address of the candidates. Courts have ruled that a vote should be counted whenever the intent of the voter can reasonably be determined, even if a voter omits the candidate’s address or makes a mistake in the name or address.

Elections: Running for Office as a Sticker or Write-in Candidate

Back
Top Bottom