• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Gun Transfer Portal Print Issue

GRC

NES Member
I used the MA Gun Transfer Portal to record the sale this weekend. Everything went fine and I got the confirmation page. When I went to print the FA10, I got a blank page and there was no download. There was no way to recover. I tried again and got the same result. We used our phone to take a picture of the confirmation page, but I would have liked to have the FA10 and receipt. I sold another firearm a couple of weeks ago and everything went well and I printed the FA10 from that sale. Anyone else experience this issue with the MA gun Transfer Portal?
Ken

Same thing happened to me over the weekend, everything works fine until you try to print. I called yesterday, they told me it's a "glitch".

The option it gives you is not to print but to save as a PDF. You are then printing the PDF that you have saved. Assuming you have opened the PDF file either in a browser or adobe, you know you have the data/file you need and just need to work through printing.

The PDF is known to be imperfectly formed. The "Preview" application on a Mac will not properly open it. Some other applications have issues. Adobe works. Most browsers work.

The option it gives you is not to print but to save as a PDF. You are then printing the PDF that you have saved. Assuming you have opened the PDF file either in a browser or adobe, you know you have the data/file you need and just need to work through printing.

The PDF is known to be imperfectly formed. The "Preview" application on a Mac will not properly open it. Some other applications have issues. Adobe works. Most browsers work.
As soon as you hit that button it goes to a blank browser screen and nothing happens, then it times out.

Last edited:
I’ve never had good luck trying to print from the portal. I’ve always had to save to a pdf then print that document. Bonus is the you get a copy to keep on your computer.

Well, we tried. Fa-10 went poof.

No way to prove I did do one… but I did….

Prove I did not try.

Last edited:
I throw those away as I've learned they are not important.
I keep them just to remember how much I paid for stuff as I write it on the paperwork. That way if something happens my wife and son have a reasonable idea of what they could sell stuff for if they so choose.

Not sure if there is a downside to it but 🤷‍♂️

I used the MA Gun Transfer Portal to record the sale this weekend. Everything went fine and I got the confirmation page. When I went to print the FA10, I got a blank page and there was no download. There was no way to recover. I tried again and got the same result. We used our phone to take a picture of the confirmation page, but I would have liked to have the FA10 and receipt. I sold another firearm a couple of weeks ago and everything went well and I printed the FA10 from that sale. Anyone else experience this issue with the MA gun Transfer Portal?
Ken

"We used our phone to take a picture of the confirmation page" then email that to yourself and print it if you are dead set on having a piece of paper.

"I would have liked to have the FA10 and receipt" why do you think you need both?

Back
Top Bottom