• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA LTC Wearing Out

My old LTC's were always produced an some kind of card stock and then laminated. When I got my latest, in 2008, I noticed they switched to plastic like a credit card or driver's license. No problem. Except they printed the license on the plastic and apparently did not put any top-coat over it. I just noticed the printing is wearing off from the top down from rubbing against other cards in my wallet! Sheesh, you thing they would have sealed it with some kind of coating, at least to discourage alterations. Even my GOAL card may have come on simple paper stock, but they laminated it.

I think I'll put some scotch tape over it before the license number wears off.

UPDATE: I called EOPS just to confirm that the letter at the end of my license # (A) designated the LTC class (which it does) because the title at the top was all worn off. The gentleman I spoke to was very courteous. He said he would pass on the information about the lettering wearing off because they are currently redesigning it to look more "official."

Last edited:
The PVC card should have had a patch laminate over the front of the card.

I still have a bunch of card envelopes I got when bank I use was changing their logo. Keeps all my cards looking clean and fresh.

My MA LTC is fine, but my NH P&R is really wearing. I switched it around to have some business cards between them, but I suspect I will need to get a replacement card.

Yeah, I put a piece of tape (whatever brand is in the dispenser on my desk) just over the license # and expiration date. I figured if the printing there rubs off I would have to go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

I now store mine in one of those bank card envelopes.

You can get them free at any bank.

Oh, don't sign it with a pen. Use a micro fine sharpie.

I think Staples has a laminating machine, give them a try, I got one at work and laminate the crap out of all my stuff, last thing I did was my goal card cause they give you that thin piece of shit paper that corrodes to power after it gets wet or damp. ( Dig )

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

My latest GOAL card came pre-laminated. I think they got the message. I did have to trim it a bit for my wallet.

My old LTC's were always produced an some kind of card stock and then laminated. When I got my latest, in 2008, I noticed they switched to plastic like a credit card or driver's license. No problem. Except they printed the license on the plastic and apparently did not put any top-coat over it. I just noticed the printing is wearing off from the top down from rubbing against other cards in my wallet! Sheesh, you thing they would have sealed it with some kind of coating, at least to discourage alterations. Even my GOAL card may have come on simple paper stock, but they laminated it.

I think I'll put some scotch tape over it before the license number wears off.

UPDATE: I called EOPS just to confirm that the letter at the end of my license # (A) designated the LTC class (which it does) because the title at the top was all worn off. The gentleman I spoke to was very courteous. He said he would pass on the information about the lettering wearing off because they are currently redesigning it to look more "official."

You must be the guy buying all the ammo. Seriously like a few said credit card envelopes work great.

Back
Top Bottom