• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA resident going shooting in NY- AR-15?

Hi all, tried searching past posts but I'm not very good I guess.
Here's the run-down.

Resident of and valid LTC holder in MA.
Going on vacation to my uncles "ranch" in rural NY.
I know I need to leave my pistols at home, but I want to bring my AR-15, SKS, and Rem 870. I'm concerned about the legality of bringing the evil black rifle across the border.

The AR-15 is, and was bought as "Mass compliant" meaning fixed stock, no bayo, "compliant welded muzzle brake". It does obviously have a pistol grip and a detachable magazine. Leaving the pre-ban mags at home, just going to bring 10 rounders.

All firearms will be trigger locked in locked cases, and all ammo will be carried in locked boxes.

Do you see any problems? I'm a straight shooter, and not looking to do anything 'hush hush' obviously. I'd just as soon leave the AR at home and just go with the SKS and the shotgun.

Thanks for your time,
Lobstah

Big problem - the NY SAFE act bans even MA compliant ARs unless they are bastardized to the point of absurdity. The exemption is guns that pre-date the NY ban and were registered under the one-time grandfathering formerly available to NY residents.

Back
Top Bottom