• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

Well, that's encouraging. Does anyone have an account there to try to get them onboard? Like I said, if police officers are on our side, that would go a long, long way.

Its like what I have been saying; I think most would be surprised at how much LEO's support the 2A and are fed up with the BS around here. There's more than most think, including many on this board

Its like what I have been saying; I think most would be surprised at how much LEO's support the 2A and are fed up with the BS around here. There's more than most think, including many on this board

Bingo. This 7rd garbage is laughable but it doesn't mean I'll take it lightly. Comm2A is doing a great job and I plan on donating more tomorrow. Payday.

Massachusetts...where the "shot heard 'round the world." The birthplace of liberty. The start of the American Revolution. What do we do now?

This cracks me up every time I read it or see one of your license plates! [rofl] Dood, it ain't 1776 anymore! Mass hasn't been free for at least 100 years or more! Hahah! That's why I moved to New Mexico a year ago! [laugh2] America moved west at the turn of the last century, but some how all you guys got left behind!

Last edited:
I'm moving out of state as soon as I can if this crap passes. I really hope enough people read the actual text of the bill instead of depending on the crap in the letter portion to see how crazy deval is. There is going to be some major lawsuits and injunctions filled if this crap gets passed here. I'm waiting to see the first ones go up in New York based on their nutty new law, thanks to NYC and the people there shoving it down the rest of the state's throat.

Well, that's encouraging. Does anyone have an account there to try to get them onboard? Like I said, if police officers are on our side, that would go a long, long way.

One of the facts I was lamenting this morning with another NESer on the phone was that there is no pro RKBA chiefs/police association in MA, at all... there is just the MCOPA a**h***s who probably support this, or at best will remain silent.... but this leaves pro RKBA officers/chiefs with no unified voice.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Grandfathered for one year. Then you have to get rid of them. They're giving you one year to dump all your 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 40, drums, pre-ban, post-ban, ultra-ban, whatever.

You didn't read it right, 10s would always be exempt but you cannot be "caught with them filled beyond 7 rounds" obviously that's pretty much unenforceable.

-Mike

Emailed:
Good morning,

In the fury of events which will no doubt consume much of lawmakers time and efforts in the near future, please keep an active watch on following logic over emotional or coat-tail decisions.

We're coming to a turning point on several key issues in this country. And frankly, as an educated citizen who works in science, education and research, I am very worried that the reactions of our lawmaking body will make changes only for the sake of "doing something".

I'm speaking directly about gun control issues at this time, as they are going to be the main player in the events of the near future.

If ten thousand people suffered an incident due to a product being misused in a given year, I find it logical to analyse those ten thousand events, determine why they happened and give some time to lessening the potential for future incidents. It does not make sense to acknowledge those ten thousand events, then only look at a hundred and make policies based on the hundred specific cases.

It does not appear that lawmakers are focusing on the core problems.

I had a conversation a year ago with an engineer from the United Kingdom about "knife crime" in the UK. He was quite vocal about an incident he was involved in. Every day for his 60 years of adult life, he has carried a small folding knife and fork. They were his fathers. They had been through three wars in his family. The knife and fork were tools to him. Not a day or meal went by where he didn't use them for something; cutting line, slicing some curry chicken, opening a package.

One day, he was shoved against a wall by MP's due to walking into a building with the knife. (About the length of a butter knife, folded over; sharp only due to the hours spent over a lifetime with a stone.) The event shattered him. He couldn't comprehend why he was being detained brutally and then arrested.

The reason why knives are banned? Crimes are being committed with knives by youth. The reason why crimes are being committed with knives? All the guns got taken away. Next it will be glass bottles, or tire irons. (Both of which are far far more dangerous than his little piece of metal!)

Focus on the crime. Focus on the people and the reasons behind the crime.

President Obama is on record stating that cheap hand guns, obtained illegally, are used in most crimes in the area of Chicago where he spent much of his formative political years. So I ask you, as a voter in your district, does it make sense to focus on making more guns illegal, when most gun crimes are being committed using weapons that are already illegally obtained?

Would it make sense to ban steak knives if people were being murdered with icepicks? Or how about tweezers? Sissors? Utility knifes? Cartridge razors?

Thank you for your time,

Received a response from Representative Dave Rogers. Our congressmen ARE reading our emails and taking our calls. Please continue to voice your opinions

Just called Congressman Durant's office and Senator Moore. Durant is firmly opposed to this legislation, while Moore is waiting to see which way the wind blows before making up his mind.

Moore? Mike Moore? You can't be serious! He's usually on our side! WTF?!

When it comes to the men and women driving the cruisers, I don't doubt you. Like I said though, if a large portion of them do exactly what we're doing (calling and writing legislators), that would help immensely. So if you know any LEO, convince them to help.

Why the HELL GOAL is sitting on its ass??????

I have said this before and I am going to say it again. GOAL is 5 staff members! They are doing everything they can. Get off your ass and lead the charge! GOAL cannot beat this for us. Hell, they only have 14,000 members.

I'm concerned hearing more about the removal of FTF transactions (fa10) and have to transfer through a dealer, what about some of the newer Gen glocks and non Ma comp firearms a few of us have that can't go through a dealer. Will we only be able to sell them off out of state to states that openly sell these types of firearms?

I have said this before and I am going to say it again. GOAL is 5 staff members! They are doing everything they can. Get off your ass and lead the charge! GOAL cannot beat this for us. Hell, they only have 14,000 members.

This. JFC, dude listen to the woman , she is trying to help us not get continuously bent overly this state. GOAL will do right by us and if you seriously don't have time to help consider donating even if you already did. Comm2A is also on top of this!

Sent from my POS iPhone

When it comes to the men and women driving the cruisers, I don't doubt you. Like I said though, if a large portion of them do exactly what we're doing (calling and writing legislators), that would help immensely. So if you know any LEO, convince them to help.

I have been lobbying my co-workers since yesterday to make the calls. I believe that our voice can carry some weight (I hope) with the legislators.

My question is, where the hell is the NRA? Yes, I realize what I'm saying here but they have helped with state level legislation before. At very least they could be offering services to GOAL.

Pfft.. I signed up on the nrastandandfight site, pushed it out to friends.... I was thinking we're gonna get action items emailed to us. First email I get from the NRA? SEND US MORE MONEY!!!

I understand that we need to fund the Gun Lobby but for ****s sake, isn't now the time to show us what you can do with all the money we've been giving you? I donno, call me whatever but if you want more ****ing money from MA, why don't you step up and go to bat for us (& Goal & Comm2a...)

This basically bans most rifles and handguns without explicitly doing so. These bastards have got to be stopped.

My question is, where the hell is the NRA? Yes, I realize what I'm saying here but they have helped with state level legislation before. At very least they could be offering services to GOAL.
What you don't see with both GOAL and the NRA at the moment, though I know it is happening because I have been making enough calls to the statehouse to hear about it, is that this phase prior to actual bills hitting committee is about scrambling around to meet with everyone to prime the pump with information rather than ignorance.

Among issues at the moment is that Patrick's bill next goes to the judiciary committee, but the committee does not yet exist.

I know this process is very frustrating and the NRA and GOAL aren't accustomed to communicating this phase of lobbying because ordinarily, sadly, no one cares. Understand that to have this level of anger and organization of opposition to bill that didn't exist until a couple of days ago is a new, and very good thing for us.

In years past, GOAL and NRA had to first convince people there was a reason to be outraged.

Stay outraged, but focus your anger on the real cause. I am all for constructive criticism and have communicated my own.

Last edited:
The reason why knives are banned? Crimes are being committed with knives by youth. The reason why crimes are being committed with knives? All the guns got taken away. Next it will be glass bottles, or tire irons. (Both of which are far far more dangerous than his little piece of metal!)

actually in Britain they are trying to take the glass drinking mugs away from people in the pubs because with no guns, no knives, they are using them as weapons.

What you don't see with both GOAL and the NRA at the moment, though I know it is happening because I have been making enough calls to the statehouse to here about it, is that this phase prior to actual bills hitting committee is about scrambling around to meet with everyone to prime the pump with information rather than ignorance.

Among issues at the moment is that Patrick's bill next goes to the judiciary committee, but the committee does not yet exist.

I know this process is very frustrating and the NRA and GOAL aren't accustomed to communicating this phase of lobbying because ordinarily, sadly, no one cares. Understand that to have this level of anger and organization of opposition to bill that didn't exist until a couple of days ago is a new, and very good thing for us.

In years past, GOAL and NRA had to first convince people there was a reason to be outraged.

Stay outraged, but focus your anger on the real cause. I am all for constructive criticism and have communicated my own.

That's what I was hoping was going on. Thanks for the answer.

Coincidently (well not really), I just got off the phone with the NRA-ILA and they claim to be aware of it. The phone rep said she'd make sure they're going to "send out an alert". I stated that they needed to do more and I really hope they will.

Last edited:
So how is it legal to ban something purchased legally?? THIS IS BS

Are you looking for precedent here? Look at the "War on Drugs" - plenty of people who legally possessed drugs that were legal at the time were basically told "surrender now or go to jail" when they were made "Controlled Substances". Same deal, different arena.

I'm not saying this is right by any means, but unfortunately it is not without some level of legal precedent ...

Are you looking for precedent here? Look at the "War on Drugs" - plenty of people who legally possessed drugs that were legal at the time were basically told "surrender now or go to jail" when they were made "Controlled Substances". Same deal, different arena.

I'm not saying this is right by any means, but unfortunately it is not without some level of legal precedent ...
Short answer is that we let them.

When they banned alcohol, they knew they needed to amend the constitution. Somehow that was forgotten and we the people let them forget it when it came to later bans.

DO NOT JUST SEND E-MAILS. They are far LESS effective than you can ever imagine.

I worked in the MA legislature for six years (for an A+ rated, GOAL endorsed politician). Many reps and senators won't even see the emails as they will get passed on to a staff member and the rep/senator will only end up approving a form letter or email response. The rep or senator may not even have any idea how many people that form letter is being sent to. They regularly get bombarded with hundreds of emails from single issue groups all over the country every single day. It's just a faceless un-serious way to communicate for something so important.

CALL THE OFFICE AND REQUEST TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO YOUR SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE. Be polite to the staff (or your message may end up in the round file in some offices). If the rep or senator is not in or not available, leave a message with the staff member and request a call back from your rep or senator. Most of the time they will call you back. If you don't hear from them in 24-48 hours, call again. When speaking to them describe yourself. What do you do for a living? do you have kids in the local school system? are you involved in the community in any way? The more people they SPEAK to that can't be viewed as single-issue-gun-nuts, the more persuasive this will all be.

Even better than just speaking to them on the phone, get a group of 4-5 NESrs, friends, or fellow club members and SET UP A MEETING to meet with your rep or senator face to face. Most have local offices in their districts and/or hold local office hours. The anti-gun people are in there right now meeting with folks, why not you? SCHEDULE IT AHEAD OF TIME AND DON'T JUST SHOW UP or you will end up meeting with a staff member. In some offices that is just as good, but for any anti-2A or on the fence politicians, you need to meet with them directly.

If you do not have time to make phone calls, then WRITE A HARD COPY LETTER AND MAIL IT IN rather than sending an email. An office that gets a stack of even 50-100 letters on a topic will pay more attention to that issue than if they receive 500 emails. It may seem strange, but its absolutely true.

Concentrate on your own elected officials. If you do not live in someone's district they do not care what you have to say.

To those folks who think that the MA legislative process is "different" than that in NY, you are sadly mistaken. This legislature can, and will, ram through anything it dam well pleases WITHOUT prior notice, WITHOUT public hearings, and WITHOUT any public debate whatsoever. MA is LESS LIKELY to do this, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. Almost every single "rule" that the House and Senate operate under can be suspended at any time with a simple voice vote. The speaker of the house and senate president have tremendous amounts of power. If they decide to go nuclear and push something through it will happen unless and until you get a handful of legislators who are willing to put their political capital on the line to stop it. I've witnessed it too many times to count. Everything that happens in that building happens behind closed doors and all the "public" debate is theater to placate special interest groups.

If you can't afford to take a sick day to meet with your elected representatives and spend a couple cents on two stamps, then the prospect of becoming a felon overnight isn't very concerning to you.

EDIT: Just to add, I no longer work there. I tried to do some good there after college by influencing things from the inside. I had some success but there is only so much that one person can do against a tide of progressive insanity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom