• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ma special senate election

We need a significant turn out in the MA special senate to defeat the majority liberals in this state from electing Markey and Lynch. Vote Gomez or Sullivan. FYI, Scott Brown is a "flip flopper" now supporting assault ban, so get ready for his governor run soon.

Special election is in June. Primary is April 30th. Very important to vote for Lynch in the primary to keep Markey off the June ballot. You'll need to pull a Dem. ballot to do so.

I called my Town Clerk. You need to go to your Town Hall or City Clerk and change your Party affiliation to either party or change it to unenrolled. This needs to be done by April 10th. I highly recommend that we select "unenrolled" so that you have flexibility in the future elections.

Kill Markey on April 30th. Vote Stephen Lynch in the Dem primary.

Last edited:
Am I crazy for thinking Markey getting elected might not be a bad thing? He's an extremist who isn't going to compromise and I almost feel like we're better off with someone like that than a moderate who meets the anti side halfway. I don't think someone like him helps the anti movement with people who are on the fence.

Gomez is an anti-gun douche, as is Sullivan; they are not better than Brown.

Lynch in the D primary, then Fishman FTW in the general.

What about Dan Winslow? He's one of the R candidates. The last I heard, he was still Pro 2A.
Gomez flip-flopped on the AWB.
He has declared himself an Obama follower who will support the President's Gun Policy.
Best regards.

NONE of the alleged Republicans have any name recognition. If they aren't a "household name", with an election in ~45 days they don't stand a prayer of a chance in the primary. Same issue for the actual election. It will end up either Markey or Lynch, not just because they are Dems, but because people at least know the name.

That's the hard reality of politics.

What about Dan Winslow? He's one of the R candidates. The last I heard, he was still Pro 2A.
Gomez flip-flopped on the AWB.
He has declared himself an Obama follower who will support the President's Gun Policy.
Best regards.

Honestly, Dan Winslow helps us wayyyyy more at the State level. We can't afford to lose any Repubs on Beacon Hill.

Gomez is an anti-gun douche, as is Sullivan; they are not better than Brown.

Lynch in the D primary, then Fishman FTW in the general.

If you really want Fishman FTW you should be getting as many people to show up for him and collect signatures because he's going to have a tough time making the required signature count with the amount of volunteers he currently has.

After Fishman it's Winslow or bust for me, Sullivan and Gomez are complete jokes

Am I crazy in thinking that we want Markbag as the dem? I think we have much better of a chance of getting people to our side with Markbag than with Lynch who could be seen as a "moderate" by the sheep. Maybe I am just hopeful that we can actually win (although with who?).

Am I crazy in thinking that we want Markbag as the dem? I think we have much better of a chance of getting people to our side with Markbag than with Lynch who could be seen as a "moderate" by the sheep. Maybe I am just hopeful that we can actually win (although with who?).

I agree, you're crazy. Markey is a sleaze bag puppet. Vote Lynch in the primary.

Remember you only have 'til April 10th to change to "unenrolled" if you're a registered Republican. Change at Town or city clerk office.

I agree, you're crazy. Markey is a sleaze bag puppet. Vote Lynch in the primary.

Remember you only have 'til April 10th to change to "unenrolled" if you're a registered Republican. Change at Town or city clerk office.

It's really tough to pull that ballot with that friggin' D on it. I guess the more damage they do to each other the better.

I plan to switch to unenrolled, at least keeps options open.

Side note on that, does anyone know for sure if you then stay unenrolled in future?
I thought once you pulled a ballot, then you were enrolled with that party, and had to then switch to unenrolled again.

Steve

I plan to switch to unenrolled, at least keeps options open.

Side note on that, does anyone know for sure if you then stay unenrolled in future?
I thought once you pulled a ballot, then you were enrolled with that party, and had to then switch to unenrolled again.

Steve

They changed the law or the process several years ago. After each election, you are returned to "Unenrolled."
Best regards.

They changed the law or the process several years ago. After each election, you are returned to "Unenrolled."
Best regards.

Thanks for reply.

Considering the way things are here, in that the dem usually gets elected, I think thats a good strategy to at least help select the lesser of 2 evils in their primary.

NONE of the alleged Republicans have any name recognition. If they aren't a "household name", with an election in ~45 days they don't stand a prayer of a chance in the primary. Same issue for the actual election. It will end up either Markey or Lynch, not just because they are Dems, but because people at least know the name.

That's the hard reality of politics.

What Len S said.

Best regards.

This may be true if you are voting as unenrolled. But, if you are registered D or R you need to go down and get changed to "unenrolled" by Aril 10th. I talked to my Town Clerk today to verify this.

KILL MARKEY in April!!

It's really tough to pull that ballot with that friggin' D on it. I guess the more damage they do to each other the better.

Oh, come on. If you've voted in a primary in MA in the past ten years you know the republican ticket is either blank, a guy running unopposed, or a couple of clones.

At the moment Lynch is getting crushed by Markey in the polls, Gomez is considered to be a democrat by anybody who didn't vote for Obama, and I don't know anything about sullivan except that I signed his papers(along with the libertarian candidates).

If its Markey v Gomez, you may as well hang it up. The worst thing about markey's poll numbers is that he beats the oth candidates in the polls even though half of the idiots who say they'd vote for him don't know who he is.

I have always been listed as independant/unenrolled politics is a game gotta figure out what works best voting for who you want or against the worst choice.

Back
Top Bottom