MA State Police no BFS or LEOSA training.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Got this from Massachusetts State Police. I expect all instructors will.

'Good Morning,

I hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy

As you are aware on March 22, 2020, Governor Charlie Baker ordered that all businesses and organizations not providing “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of noon on March 24th until noon on April 7th. As of March 31st, this has been extended til May 4th

It has come to our attention that BFS and LEOSA Instructors have been continuing their firearms training classes whether in person or through virtual training during this pandemic.

As of this writing, you are not approved to instruct any firearms training with respect to 515 CMR 3.00 & 6.00 whether in person or through virtual training.

Any changes and/or updates regarding training we will notify you via email.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Kristin M. Ryan

Firearms Licensing

Massachusetts State Police

470 Worcester Road

Framingham, MA 01702

508-820-2299'

[email protected]

How can they restrict online training? Isn’t that the whole point they’re fighting for?

Oh right, cause gunz r bad!

Has anyone contacted 2Aattorney yet to add this to his lawsuit?

Last edited:
Why does a cop who carried for 25-35 years on the job need to be trained anyway?

I know....spare me the ridiculous answers. The whole issue is just another revenue stream for someone or the state.

Fvck you and your revenue.

Why does a cop who carried for 25-35 years on the job need to be trained anyway?

I know....spare me the ridiculous answers. The whole issue is just another revenue stream for someone or the state.

Fvck you and your revenue.

Who are you referring to?

Who are you referring to?
My guess is that he is referring to LEOSA. Which is a certification (not a training course) a retired LEO can take. Similar to the qualification they had to do while working. It allows them to carry a firearm throughout the United States. Most instructors including myself I believe do not charge to do the certification. They do it as a courtesy.

https://leosaonline.com/

My guess is that he is referring to LEOSA. Which is a certification (not a training course) a retired LEO can take. Similar to the qualification they had to do while working. It allows them to carry a firearm throughout the United States. Most instructors including myself I believe do not charge to do the certification. They do it as a courtesy.

https://leosaonline.com/

Oh. I never got into teaching LEOSA. Most of the guys I ran into that wanted it were cheap f***s... I'm not a charity when they are collecting sweet pension and working details lol.

I had the certification, but no desire to work with retired guys that flagged me. :p:p:p

Oh. I never got into teaching LEOSA. Most of the guys I ran into that wanted it were cheap f***s... I'm not a charity when they are collecting sweet pension and working details lol.

I had the certification, but no desire to work with retired guys that flagged me. :p:p:p
I teach it and I'm not a charity either, nobody but me pays for the liability insurance or pays the club to run training. The person who does my LEOSA is a retired MSP Lt. and he seems to have a regular group of guys that know enough not to point guns at each other during the qualification each year.

For the record, I don't receive any pension for my time in the PD as I was not a full-timer.

I teach it and I'm not a charity either, nobody but me pays for the liability insurance or pays the club to run training. The person who does my LEOSA is a retired MSP Lt. and he seems to have a regular group of guys that know enough not to point guns at each other during the qualification each year.

For the record, I don't receive any pension for my time in the PD as I was not a full-timer.

I know some guys don't.... Im just talking about the ones I knew that reached out to me were in good positions.... but tried nickle and diming me lol

Back
Top Bottom