• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Machine gun dealers in Massachusetts?

I called Zero Hour Arms today and the gentleman I spoke to was super knowledgable and helpful but didn't have any machine guns in stock. Who are the other dealers in the eastern part of the state that may have some inventory? I am looking for an UZI or possibly a M16.

Chris

Chris, Dude, yous gettin a machines gunz?

Be sure to bring it to practice night at HSA so we can play with with it

Law enforcement equipment in Waltham also sells them. Doesnt advertise it but he has them in the back office. Prices are reasonable too. Greg from gfa tech is a bit pricy but has a good amount in stock. You can buy on gb and transfer to either shop. Thats what I did.

On a related topic, can anyone point me to an up-to-date (and fairly complete) list of Massachusetts NFA dealers? I'd like to post this on my website. If not, maybe we could crowd source here.

I'm a class 2 manufacturer and can do transfers; I don't maintain inventory however. If you find something out of state I can do the transfer for you. I am in Essex County if that is convenient.

To the OP.

If you are looking for a specific machinegun, you need to cast a wide net. That often means looking out of state.
Sturmgewehr.com and GB are good bets.

One dealer who I've worked with is Frank from atfmachinegun.com . He does a TON of volume. He would simply transfer the firearm to the in-state dealer of your choice like jim/boston.

Frank currently has over 50 machineguns listed for sale on GB. If there is something you like and the gun hasn't made reserve yet, he will often talk to you about a direct sale. Frank is well known as a good guy. Right now he's got listings for evrything from a M11/9 to a belt fed M60!!!

He's also one of the few dealers who will guarantee the function of the MGs he sells you.

Don

Last edited:
To the OP.

If you are looking for a specific machinegun, you need to cast a wide net. That often means looking out of state.
Sturmgewehr.com and GB are good bets.

One dealer who I've worked with is Frank from atfmachinegun.com . He does a TON of volume. He would simply transfer the firearm to the in-state dealer of your choice like jim/boston.

Frank currently has over 50 machineguns listed for sale on GB. If there is something you like and the gun hasn't made reserve yet, he will often talk to you about a direct sale. Frank is well known as a good guy.

He's also one of the few dealers who will guarantee the function of the MGs he sells you.

Don

Frank is on my shitlist right now. 10 ****ing months for a form 3 and now that it's finally approved it hasn't shipped in 4 weeks.

Frank is on my shitlist right now. 10 ****ing months for a form 3 and now that it's finally approved it hasn't shipped in 4 weeks.

Hmm. Wow. I've never gotten anything but good service from him.

Is this your first deal with him? If not, were the others smooth?

My average for Form 3s since the summer is less than 8 weeks. Thats crazy.

Chris, Dude, yous gettin a machines gunz?

Be sure to bring it to practice night at HSA so we can play with with it

You do realize that :

a) There is no exemption in MGL that allows someone without a MA MG license to take temporary possession for the purpose under the supervision of a license holder (like there is with other guns)

b) There is a town bylaw against MG use - even the Hopkinton PD cannot use their giggle switches on the club range

But, other than that, an excellent idea.

a) There is no exemption in MGL that allows someone without a MA MG license to take temporary possession for the purpose under the supervision of a license holder (like there is with other guns)

Rob you can't throw this out there and not explain it.

This is not a universally accepted truth. It was one person's interpetation at one point in time. (help appreciated filling in the blanks)

And to the best of my knowledge, no unlicensed person has ever been arrested or prosecuted for firing a machine gun under the direct supervision of a licensed owner.

Rob you can't throw this out there and not explain it.

This is not a universally accepted truth. It was one person's interpetation at one point in time. (help appreciated filling in the blanks)

And to the best of my knowledge, no unlicensed person has ever been arrested or prosecuted for firing a machine gun under the direct supervision of a licensed owner.

My understanding is that it is either an opinion or a "ruling" by the AG post-Westfield incident. How much legal weight it might hold is unknown by me but if submitted as "evidence" in a Marsupial court, my bet is on the prosecution.

I'm doubtful. But as you point out its all debatable. Nothing is definitive.

This interpretation of the word "transfer" runs counter to every piece of legislative intent, every piece of case law in existence.

https://www.atf.gov/content/whom-may-unlicensed-person-transfer-firearms-under-gca

https://www.atf.gov/content/Firearms/firearms-industry/FAQ-firearms

I agree these citations are Federal. But in the absence of any clear statutory or even regulatory definition, a reasonable person would draw the conclusion that supervised use is not a transfer.

As always, you can be arrested for anything. You can be prosecuted (persecuted?) for anything.

Thanks guys, this thread is very helpful for me. Just got my green card and am looking for my first subgun. Got my eyes on a few M11/9 listings, hopefully I can find one for a decent price.

Thanks guys, this thread is very helpful for me. Just got my green card and am looking for my first subgun. Got my eyes on a few M11/9 listings, hopefully I can find one for a decent price.

You and I are in the same boat. FYI - Ruben just listed several M10's and M11/9's for sale on his site.

On a related topic, can anyone point me to an up-to-date (and fairly complete) list of Massachusetts NFA dealers? I'd like to post this on my website. If not, maybe we could crowd source here.
I know Greg in Natick is - GFA Arms Tec in Natick
We are also NFA dealers now, albeit no machine guns in stock currently we do have 2 SBR's RTG. As we ramp we are excited to further serve MA and New Englanders
Any questions please feel free to contact us.
Oleg aka Alex - Zero Hour Arms 508.584.0291

Back
Top Bottom