• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine online purchases

The only time Glock really broke mag compatibility though was with the G19X. That gun does not run magazines with gen5 baseplates on it because of the lip in the front of the
magwell.
That's why you run 33 rounders on anything marked 9mm with Glock.
Actually, a G26 looks really funny with a 33 round mag, like a small golf club!

Personally, I'd just carry my new high cap magazines that look just like my old pre ban high cap magazines and if anybody ever asks (they won't) just say they're pre ban.

None of this has anything to do with mass AWB faggotry. Op would have had the same problem with normal vs cripple mags because of the smith nomenclature shit show, lol

Well not literally pinned n welded but
Let’s say I have a sig, and it came with factory of 12rd mag cap straight out the box. But the dealer I bought it from capped it down to 10rds because of our lovely MA state restricts us. If I buy that same exact 12rd mag...can I bring it to a shop to have it plugged at 10?

Maybe I’m wording it incorrectly?
Not without committing a felony. Only a FFL can buy those postban magazine and downgrade them.

Technically you could buy the magazine disassembled as a collection of parts, pin it at a compliant capacity, and then assemble it yourself. Anything preassembled and OP is going to jail.

I always wondered about this - do the standard cap mags just have to be unquestionably manufactured before 1994 or do you have to prove you yourself owned them before 1994? I've met some fresh new gun owners in MA who are they themselves younger than Glock U notches. If the law dictates the latter, clearly these guys would not be able to prove they had it before the ban. How could a 21-22 year old new gun owner possibly legally own pre-ban mags then?

I always wondered about this - do the standard cap mags just have to be unquestionably manufactured before 1994 or do you have to prove you yourself owned them before 1994? I've met some fresh new gun owners in MA who are they themselves younger than Glock U notches. If the law dictates the latter, clearly these guys would not be able to prove they had it before the ban. How could a 21-22 year old new gun owner possibly legally own pre-ban mags then?
Lol.age of the device is the only thing that matters under the law. MA awb does not have the commiefornia or CT problems

Makes sense now thanks. Yeah CT is pretty ridiculous. You can keep the 'high cap' mags if you been a good boy and registered them with 5-0. Carry 11 rounds in mag, none in chamber? Felony. Cop rolls up on you, law says to make sure to chamber a round as he's coming up to you so you're legal [smile]

of all the clusterf* that is their naming scheme, why is the 45 your favorite?

i think it is the funnest one. I smile every time I take a newbie to the range and ask them what they think my 45 is chambered in.

also in the unfunny world it is a serious teaching moment about actually making sure you know the right ammunition for your gun.

There are companies out there that base their entire business model on disassembling standard capacity mags and selling them as 'repair or rebuild kits' and selling them at 1.5x or more markup to people behind the iron curtain. If you go this route, just make sure to also have their 10 round cripple limiters per 'rebuild kit' and a big tube of super glue to cover yourself from constructive intent critics. If you're ever caught with normal capacity mags that aren't definitely pre-94, you're in for a bad time.

i think it is the funnest one. I smile every time I take a newbie to the range and ask them what they think my 45 is chambered in.

also in the unfunny world it is a serious teaching moment about actually making sure you know the right ammunition for your gun.
gotcha. I'll admit, I love the whole circle.

This is my 22. No, it's a G44, but it shoots 22. That's the G22, it shoots 40. Sorry bud, the G40 is in 10. No, there's no G10, that's just a composite polymer material popular as knife and 1911 grips...
The 1911? oh that's a 45. (where you come in...)

1619485876258.png

Go green
And if you’ve taken a course with a licensed instructor, boy did they fail you.

The only magazines allowed are 10 rds for rifle and pistol caliber, unless preban dated before September 1994

While it can be read that I meant marked on the mag, I truly meant just the date of the OG fed ban vs “Healey Ban” or whatever future bullshite they decide to pass.
And the pre ban magazines had to be in Ma., prior to the ban.

The only time Glock really broke mag compatibility though was with the G19X. That gun does not run magazines with gen5 baseplates on it because of the lip in the front of the
magwell.
Gen 5! Heck I'm still shooting gen3's. Can't wear the damn things out, to create a need, for a newer generation.

There's a place in Texas I believe that frequently has some decent prices on preban mags (compared to some of the NES classifieds)

The contact is
[email protected]

I got some factory Sig 226 pre ban and m1 carbine preban mags at one point, they have a number of manufacturers, but their inventory of prebans changes frequently

Back
Top Bottom