Magpul AK Mags good or bad?

cams

NES Member
Looking for personal user experiences with their AK mags, are they any good or do they suck?

Please keep it to first hand experience, not what you heard, read or think. Thanks.

There's two versions, one with metal locking tabs and one without. I've only used the non-metal tabs and I've never had a problem, but people seem to prefer the metal tabs (like on Circle 10s and surplus) for more durability.

For a range mag they're absolutely good to go in my experience.

There's two versions, one with metal locking tabs and one without. I've only used the non-metal tabs and I've never had a problem, but people seem to prefer the metal tabs (like on Circle 10s and surplus) for more durability.

For a range mag they're absolutely good to go in my experience.

Yep. I only have the gen 1 mags and they’ve worked fine with light use. I’ve heard they are prone to issues with heavier use, hence the design change in the newer generation magazines. But until then, they work fine and are much better than the other polymer AK mags I’ve used.

Picked up a couple of these Magpul AK mags, Gen 2 with the metal locking tabs to try them out. Neither one fits well at all, extremely tight and have to really bang the shit out of them to get them to lock in and then back out of the magwell.

I’m trying to do this over and over to see some scrape marks or create grooves where they’re hanging up and was thinking of using a dremel to thin the walls a little.

Has anyone else had this problem with them? If so how safe do you think it would be without compromising the integrity of the mag itself by doing this? If I thin it too much I’m sure it will end up cracking the mag at some point, just not sure as it’s my first experience with these mags.

Back
Top Bottom