• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul prs stock

M1911a1g17

NES Member
Hello all. I was thinking about getting a Magpul prs stock. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this stock. Is it worth the higher cost of it compared to other? Is the lite even comparable to others? Just looking for others opinions here before I purchase. Thank you!

I looked.at them but I could never spend that much on a stock. There is a luth in the classifieds that looks like its adjustable , and if its a.rifle length, id grab that for cheap money.

Hello all. I was thinking about getting a Magpul prs stock. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this stock. Is it worth the higher cost of it compared to other? Is the lite even comparable to others? Just looking for others opinions here before I purchase. Thank you!
I have luth ar mba on one of ar10, and like it better.

I have the prs, prs lite, and the luth-ar model. The Luth-ar one is noticeably cheaper construction than the two magpul ones and I wouldn’t buy it again. The prs lite is good for $100 but not as adjustable as the regular prs,

Quality wise the prs is the best of the three, and has more precise adjustments. If I were limited to only one precision AR, I’d have the PRS on it.

That being said, two of my most accurate ARs have A2 stocks with aftermarket adjustable butt plates and no cheek riser.

Dave

I have the lite version, it brings your cheek weld higher than a normal stock would and at its shortest length of pull, brings you back quite a bit.
It works for my massive melon.

I had a PRS on an HBAR Colt that I used for precision shooting. I didn’t put a lot of rounds on it with the PRS, but I didn’t particularly like the added weight (or aesthetics) vs the stock A2. Even it the most compact form, it’s a hair longer than an A2 and messed with the eye relief on my particular optic. You may have to go without BUIS in some cases. I’m no expert, but it’s definitely a quality stock and worth the price if you’re trying to squeeze as much accuracy as possible.

The guy I sold the rifle to preferred the A2 as well. So sooner or later I’ll be selling a used PRS.

Last edited:
@DarthRevan that is good to know. How is it on weight? Do you notice it being particularly heavy?

@Grendizer138 well I guess if you are. Let me know! That is a concern of mine. I mount my optics decently far forward.
A touch? I don’t have the actual weight readily available but it doesn’t seem to be much more.

FA838EEB-D1CA-4893-8653-DF9D73C79AD8.jpeg

@Tackdriver that is very interesting. I am a big fan of A2 stocks.

Thank you guys

One thing to consider is the optic objective, mine are 42 or 44 mm with one inch tubes. These can be mounted lower than a 50 mm lens or 30 mm tube. If you go with the bigger sizes you are going to want something with an adjustable cheek, As these will likely be too high.

Dave

I've got a Luth-AR MBA-1 (MBA-1 Rifle Buttstock – Luth-AR) on a precision AR w/bull barrel, etc and I love it. Wouldn't pay more for the magpul since I don't know what it could do that this one doesn't for a lot less $$. Been using it since 2019

one more stock worth mentioning, due to the MA specifics - this is a CHEAP modular rifle style stock that uses inserts to control LOP, and goes on top of a usual carbine buffer tube.
easy to pull off if needed and put back adjustable sliding carbine stock. for a cheek rest if you need it higher - you can wrap it, but it it not really needed. optional $24 monopod is BS for me, as stock has a bag rider.

Last edited:
Anyone have any hands on with the Fab Defense RAPS? Looks to have Magpul PRS adjustability for about $60 less. Been toying with grabbing one or the other for my AR10

Attachments

• CCAC28DB-20BA-416B-B54F-1D3C7DF240C0.jpeg
    CCAC28DB-20BA-416B-B54F-1D3C7DF240C0.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
Anyone have any hands on with the Fab Defense RAPS? Looks to have Magpul PRS adjustability for about $60 less. Been toying with grabbing one or the other for my AR10
i think i have it too. :)
the downside of it is to have singular flipper to move both the cheekrest and buttstock. on mine i think i glued something under the cheek plate so when it drops down it sits at the height i need it to be at. none of those things are ideal, but all of them can get used to.

i think i have it too. :)
the downside of it is to have singular flipper to move both the cheekrest and buttstock. on mine i think i glued something under the cheek plate so when it drops down it sits at the height i need it to be at. none of those things are ideal, but all of them can get used to.

Yea I was reading up on it, seems like they pitch that as a plus which I saw as a potential downside although I don’t know how much adjusting I would make after I set it up? On my bolt gun I spent a day at the range getting it where I liked it and haven’t adjusted it again in several hundred rounds.

Yea I was reading up on it, seems like they pitch that as a plus which I saw as a potential downside although I don’t know how much adjusting I would make after I set it up? On my bolt gun I spent a day at the range getting it where I liked it and haven’t adjusted it again in several hundred rounds.
I preset those stocks for prone and upright standing positions only, bench is in between them.
They do not differ that much, the best one is the one on sale. :)

I could never get a good cheek weld with any of the Magpul stocks, including the PRS. I used the White Oak match rifle stock when it fit the rules I was shooting under. I do still have a PRS on a .308 fackaround build but meh.

Back
Top Bottom